Senior Product Designer
A credit card from a tech company, not a Bank. Fintech credit makes up only a very small fraction of overall credit, but it is growing rapidly and Tymit will be at the forefront of the digital disruption in the credit card world.
At Tymit our mission is to reinvent the credit card to make it honest, safe, and more transparent, so you can achieve more peace of mind when managing your finances. To prove this to our users, we have built an elegant and very intuitive app linked to a credit card that’s designed to achieve better financial well-being and control like never before.
Based between London and Madrid, our talented and growing team is committed to create a diverse and fun work environment putting the user at the centre of every decision we take. At Tymit, we have a mantra, customers are first because that's what drives us, and our growth and we'll continue catering to them that way.
We are small, but we think big. 🦄🦄 Do you want to join us?
We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer to help design the future of the Tymit. Being the only Designer at Tymit, you will have the freedom to work on all aspects of the user experience, including user research, user flows, wireframing, diagramming, interaction design, rapid prototyping, design documentation, visual design, and animation. This person will take on a number of initiatives such as making functionality more powerful and intuitive for our customers. We are seeking someone who’s driven by problem solving and designing great experiences, whilst being obsessive over visual craft and beauty.
You will be expected to collaborate closely with our Product Manager, Engineers, and Founding Team based between Madrid and London, to deliver features that our users love and help enable the dream of bringing transparency into the credit card space.
If you’re looking to take your next step and produce the best work of your career, we’re very excited to work with you. This is a great opportunity to work with a small, experienced, and talented team who is taking a thoughtful long-term approach to shaping the future of the credit.
During your time at Tymit you will
- Own design problems end to end, from initial concept through shipping and beyond.
- Be obsessed over the details of visual and interaction design.
- Explore ideas through sketching, wireframes, and prototypes to validate interactions and designs.
- Contribute to create and maintain our company design system.
- Articulate design decisions, create low-fi concepts to get stakeholder alignment before polishing with hi-fi prototypes for delivery.
- Work cross-functionally with product and engineering teams to represent the design team, facilitate design discussions and define requirements.
- Work closely with engineering to ensure high-quality implementation and user experience.
- Brainstorm and iterate with the wider Product team to help raise the bar on the whole Tymit user experience.
- Engage directly with our users to test design solutions and get feedback.
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers’ needs, and use these insights to design a product that people love to use.
- Play an active role in hiring and mentoring other product designers in good design practices, processes and methodologies.
- Interface with the marketing team to create brand relevant creative work.
- Explore new ways of improving the design positioning at Tymit, keeping our design practices at the forefront of a rapidly changing environment.
What you will bring along
- You have 5+ years as an individual contributor role, on a product design team for mobile products - ideally fintech or finance-related.
- You have extensive experience designing usable, engaging, and beautiful customer experiences for iPhone, iPad and Android.
- You have proven UI/UX design experience with a strong portfolio that demonstrates a meticulous, thoughtful approach and attention to detail.
- You have prior experience as a senior designer who has mentored and lead small teams in designing product features at scale.
- You have deep expertise with Figma, Sketch, InVision or Adobe Creative Cloud and experience of documenting your designs. The Familiarity using Jira would also be a plus.
- You bring a strong understanding of typography, information hierarchy, colour, and other UI concerns.
- You have experience working closely with engineers, product managers and other designers.
- You have the ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision, not just 'how it should look' but 'what we should build and why'.
- You bring a deep understanding of and empathy for users and desire to create well-designed solutions for their use.
- You have the ability to multi-task, working to deadline across one or more projects.
- You have strong written and verbal English communication skills.
- You’re excited about learning new skills and exploring new interface paradigms.
- You love what you do and get excited about the future of Fin-tech.
Compensation & Perks
💰The salary range of this role is 45,000 – 55,000€ per annum depending on experience.
🏝25 days of paid holiday plus bank holidays.
🥳Your birthday off.
🏡You’ll be able to benefit from a work from home policy. Currently, Tymit is working fully remotely and all employees have the option to remain working from home until at least the end of 2020.
⏰Flexible working hours.
🌇New office located 2 minutes away from Avenida America metro station.
🤓Additional days to attend conferences and workshops when related to technology and/or events related to Tymit’s industry and sector.
What you can expect from our hiring process
1️⃣– 45/60 min. phone call with Cynthia, part of Tymit’s People team. Understand your career plan and what motivates you about Tymit.
2️⃣– 60 min. video-call with two of our Mobile engineers (Jesus, Luciano or Toni). Discussions around your previous experiences and portfolio to better understand your skills and give you a sneak peek of what it could be working at Tymit.
3️⃣– 60 min. video-call with Pipo, Product Manager. Discussions around your previous experiences and portfolio to better understand your skills and give you a sneak peek of what it could be working at Tymit.
4️⃣– 60 min. video-call with Martin, CEO and Co-Founder of Tymit. Understand the business future and help you to envision yourself at Tymit.
🏁– Offer 📧
Tymit is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds, and you are welcome for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. So, bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background.
We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, age, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, pregnancy status or any other difference. If you have any disability, please let us know whether there are any adjustments we can make for our process to be more inclusive.