Head of UX
Our Vision 🏡
To help people with housing, anywhere.
Our Mission 🌍
Building a safe, efficient, and global rental marketplace for anyone looking for or renting out a place.
Our Core Values 💛
We Care. We Perform. We Evolve.
Your Impact 💥
At HousingAnywhere we are on a mission to build the world’s largest booking platform for rental accommodation. One of our strategies to do so is to build a superior product. We firmly believe that the product that can offer the best user experience will come out on top. Here’s where you come in.
As part of the Product Design team, you will be heading our UX team and you will become responsible for the UX throughout the entire customer journey. You are not doing this alone; you will be responsible for a team that currently consists of two UX designers and a UX copywriter. We have plans to further expand this team with a User Researcher, and potentially other roles in the future.
Who you are
- You are able to operate on a strategic level, as well as on a pixel level
- A great team player: you thrive on collaborating with other team members
- You can be very critical and use this quality to ensure quality and to set the bar for the team
- You have strong communication skills
- You are familiar with various design thinking techniques
- Both business- and tech-savvy; you understand product metrics and closely collaborate with engineering teams
- A real mentor, you continuously provide feedback in order to develop your team
- Data-driven: you use data for product discovery and for validating success
- You continuously improve existing processes and take up new initiatives regularly
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in product design-related roles (UX/UI Designer, User Researcher, UX Copywriter)
- A minimum of 2 years of leadership experience
- You have worked for a customer-facing site or application in the past, preferably a marketplace
- You are platform agnostic and have experience designing for various platforms (web, iOS, Android)
- You are comfortable to work with tools like Figma or Sketch
- You have experience with Design System Libraries
- Closely interact with Product Owners, business stakeholders and Product teams
- Building a strong design organization and culture
- Creating a UX strategy that can make us a true industry leader
- Maintaining consistency across the entire platform
- Levelling up your team members by providing them with exemplary critique
- Providing the design team with the right tools and capabilities to succeed
- Levelling up processes through thought leadership and workshops
- Career and performance management of your team members
HousingAnywhere is the biggest global booking platform for mid-term rental accommodation in the world. Being a peer-to-peer marketplace, we create an experience that serves both sides of the rental accommodation market and creates a direct connection between tenants and landlords. HousingAnywhere is active in 50+ countries and 400+ cities. We are partners with 160+ universities worldwide and currently target the international students and young professionals market. We are expanding to other audiences as well.
In 2017, we were awarded 4th most innovative company in the Netherlands and the 1st most innovative company in Rotterdam by the Dutch Chamber of Commerce.
In 2018, we have been honoured by being the fastest growing prop-tech company in the Netherlands as part of the Technology Fast 50 ranking of Deloitte.
What we offer:
🚀 Get ready to make a real impact and hit the ground running with early responsibilities. You have the opportunity to take full ownership of your work and dare to do things differently. Here, all ideas matter.
👩🏻👨🏾👦🏼👽 Work with a crazy unconventional team! Think 120 people from 30+ different nationalities. It’s like being on a round-the-world trip while you’re in the office.
📈 Trainings, workshops, conferences, books. It’s up to you.
📚 Budget for Dutch or English classes to help you kick off your stay in the Netherlands, and help you immerse into the Dutch culture.
🌇 Work in the heart of Rotterdam in a spacious, modern office! If you're looking for a city that is always packed with new things to discover, amazing architecture, a strong international community, this is the perfect place for you!
👕We don’t care about what you wear. You’re welcome to wear a 3-piece tuxedo or even a dragon onesie, we won’t judge you. Maybe a little.
🍻 Beers & Cheers! Get to know your colleagues over drinks while we celebrate our achievements every Friday.
✈️ Are you coming from abroad? No worries, we’ve got you covered!
- Full-time position (40 hours a week) w/ schedule flexibility
- You will work from our HQ in Rotterdam, the Netherlands
- Starting: ASAP
- Relocation/work permit support provided
Email Dasha at firstname.lastname@example.org 🙋🏼♀️