Lead Digital Product Designer
REE is a stealth-mode tech start-up creating a new path for mobility. We’re working to reshape how people autonomously move in urban areas – making the process more efficient and sustainable for everyone.
Our driverless fleet of vehicles is already operating across central Berlin (in stealth), mastering maneuvers that neither Tesla, Waymo or Uber can currently handle.
Our diverse and international team brings together industry experience from both Silicon Valley and automotive industries from Europe – including Waymo, Zoox, Byton, Uber, Skype, Audi and BMW, as well as from having founded various other companies. We’re an inclusive equal opportunities employer looking for smart, driven and passionate people, no matter where you’re from.
We are currently hiring for our Berlin HQ office. Our global team size is 75+ and we plan to grow to >250 by next year and 1000+ in three years.
As Digital Product Designer at REE you guide product decisions through user research, customer development and iterative feedback loops. Working full-time and being based in Berlin, you will...
- prepare, run and conclude user tests, interviews and prototyping to validate critical hypotheses during product discovery
- analyze tasks, model information, navigation and flows using UX best practices for web and native mobile (although not being dogmatic about it)
- work with Product Managers and Engineers to materialize concepts through ideation, design exploration and user validation
In this role you will work with scrum teams to make prototypes come alive and build world-class user interfaces. This will include:
- creating user interfaces visually so that information is easy to read, easy to understand and easy to find
- executing visual design from wireframes to final hand-off to engineering
- running post implementation usability testing to ensure a best-in-class user experience
It will be an essential part of your role to shape the overall product design processes and think across teams and the entire company. Thus, you will…
- establish, promote and maintain a design system and UI component library
- define and shape personas together with other designers, product managers and stakeholders
- ensure we create a compelling user experience end-to-end as part of the product design team
- conceptualized and crafted digital UI’s end-to-end for 3+ years with an emphasis on visual and interaction design; +5 years of overall working experience
- demonstrable UI design skills with a strong portfolio focus on mobile apps. Please send us a link to your portfolio as part of your application
- confidence to make the decision when to move from low-fidelity sketches to pixel-perfect mockups ready for implementation
- experience in identifying and assessing critical assumptions in product discovery processes using qualitative methods such as user interviews and usability testing
- mastered your tools and move with ease across software and fidelity depending on the goals and circumstances incl. Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, pencil and paper
- a clear understanding of the latest UX & UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- a solid foundation in typography, layout and design
- experience in building and developing a design system
- an open-minded person who considers criticism as an opportunity to build better products
- a team player able to collaborate across different disciplines
- an empathic person who can build a deep understanding customer needs
- clear in your communication. Fluent verbal and written English language skills
- Help us fix transportation in metropolitan areas all over the world – from Europe
- Above-industry-standard compensation package and a generous stock option plan
- You’ll be joining a highly committed, experienced and international team from over 25 countries
- Health promotion: contribution to a FitX or UrbanSportsClub membership, plus free and all-day usage of our Gravity Gym in the office
- Compensation towards your Berlin public transport tickets
- Healthy snacks, drinks and good coffee
- Support for your relocation to Berlin – it doesn’t matter where you currently live!
We strongly encourage candidates from all different backgrounds and identities to apply. REE is committed to building an inclusive, supportive workplace for you to do the best and most rewarding work of your career.