Product Design Intern
Want to know what it’s like to be part of an excitingly fast-paced tech company? Want to work alongside and learn from a diverse range of experienced Designers as well as Engineers and Developers? Read on as this could be your next adventure!
Here at 3D Hubs there are approximately 120 talented colleagues from more than 30 countries all over the world, who all have the same objective in mind: to build the best online platform for global manufacturing. You will collaborate closely with all teams within the company: Marketing, sales, finance, supply and customer support, iterating together to design the best user experience for our customers and suppliers.
And of course you will be joining our design team, where you will be working alongside product and marketing designers. All of whom are experienced and passionate about design, technology and delivering a perfect user experience. With our 3 founders being designers themselves, design is in our DNA: we have focused on creating an award-winning user experience for our customers from day one, valuing great UI and believing that things get better with each iteration. As our product is developing fast we can’t wait to get more design perspectives and creativity on board.
If contributing to the creative output of the Product Design team while building on your own skills and experience sounds good to you? Then go ahead and click “Apply” below!
What you'll do:
- Assist on the design and development of both the offer and demand sides of our platform by collaborating with our Product Designers
- Experience first-hand on how human-centered design processes are implemented, having an impact every step of the way
- Learn how to create pixel-perfect designs that are ready for development by collaborating with Designers and working closely with our Engineers
- Become an advocate for users by attending user interviews in order to build an accurate understanding of their needs and pain points
- Gain experience in creating designs that are in line with the brand visual language whilst following and growing the design system with our team of Designers
- Work independently and see the impact you have on those around you
- You are a 3rd/4th year student currently enrolled in a Bachelors or Master’s degree of Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Human Computer Interaction, or a course in a relevant field
- You are available for 5 months minimum, 32-40 hours per week
- You're EU national, or enrolled already in university of the Netherlands
- You can present a design portfolio that demonstrates digital design skills. Indications of an interest in User Experience design would be a plus
- You are Highly collaborative. You articulate your ideas effectively through your verbal and written communication skills. You thrive in a dynamic, creative and innovation focused environment
- You have a meticulous eye for detail
- You have great organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise under tight deadlines
- Always eager to learn, you are not afraid to say "I don't know"
- You have solid English skills, both spoken and written
- Knowledge of user-centered design principles
- Experience with tools such as Sketch and InVision
Why 3D hubs?
- A fee of 500 Euros per month
- Opportunity to have impact in a high paced culture and accelerate our growth
- Dynamic, international team of 100+ people from (30+ nationalities), growing to 200+ in the next 12-18 months
- Awesome office location in the harbour of Amsterdam (Houthavens)
- Free healthy lunches and team bonding over Friday events
- Learn more about us on our Office Instagram and Careers page
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
The story of 3D Hubs
3D Hubs makes manufacturing easy from prototyping to production. The online platform provides readily available production capacity for the fastest lead times and most price-competitive parts. Simply upload designs to receive instant quotes for 3D printing, CNC machining and Injection Molding. 3D Hubs’ automated Design for Manufacturing (DFM) analysis detects any potential issues before production begins, eliminating risk for customers.
Founded in 2013, 3D Hubs has produced more than 3,000,000 parts, serving engineering companies of all sizes.