User Experience Researcher
DiDi is working to solve the world’s most challenging problems. We offer a diverse range of mobile tech-based mobility options for more than four hundred million users across more than four hundred cities across the world. Our mission is to serve local communities through intelligent transportation technology, so as to provide riders with more convenient on-demand mobility services, drivers with new income opportunities, and cities with big data-driven smart transportation technologies. We are seeking an experienced UX researcher who can build the user research function at DiDi Global.
About the Role
As a user experience researcher, you will build the user research function to uncover critical user insights, which will shape the direction of the product and thereby the overall experience of our drivers and passengers. You will be required to plan and execute primary research at various stages of the design lifecycle by employing appropriate qualitative and quantitative methodologies. You will be expected to collaborate with cross-functional teams consisting of designers, engineers and product managers to communicate your findings as well as to ensure that your findings are acted upon and implemented. You will be evangelizing the role of user experience research to DiDi global team and our headquarters in Beijing.
• Provide user insights to designers, engineers, product managers and business owners that help us deliver locally relevant and user-friendly
solutions for drivers and riders
• Design, manage and conduct qualitative and quantitative research based upon long-term strategic needs as well as ad-hoc research requests
• Conduct hands-on research in-house with our riders and passengers, and where appropriate, using external vendor partners
• Interface and collaborate between the DiDi headquarters team in Beijing and local teams on key research requests
• Develop budget and the research road-map for user experience research in Australia
• Sell and promote the value of user research across the organization
• Develop written research reports and present the results of findings to key stakeholders
• Enhance our understanding of the ride-share market through application of appropriate research methodologies such as customer journey maps, user segmentation, creation of personas, ethnographic research, and usability testing
• Position requires a high tolerance for ambiguity, working across a very diverse group of stakeholders, odd-hours (e.g. calls with Beijing), local and
• Build and maintain a world-class user research function.
• Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis on user experience research, social science, human-computer interaction, psychology, anthropology or related field
• 8+ years of research experience, ideally with ride-share industry expertise
• Extensive experience in qualitative and quantitative user research methods
• Familiarity with UX concepts such as user journey, persona, user-centered design, etc.
• Experience applying user research to digital products
• Basic understanding of the domain expertise of partner teams such as engineering, product, design, marketing and business stakeholders.
• Deep understanding of when and how to apply different research methods during each phase of product development
• Strong working knowledge of statistics, survey design, interviewing, and the integration of qualitative and quantitative research to build the research narrative to influence business decisions
• Excellent social, communication, negotiation, collaboration and presentation
• Fluent in English; knowledge of Mandarin a plus