We’re looking for an experienced UX Researcher who will take on the role of our consumer advocate; researching, designing, experimenting, and collaborating in order to help us delight our customers and enhance our best-in-class GPS solutions. This position will require a background in design theory yet the capability of critical-thinking and problem solving skills. You will work in an agile development environment with product and engineering to guide and optimize our entire digital experience, from our mobile app to our website. You’ll succeed in this role if you are an entrepreneurial-spirited researcher and well-versed in UX research methodology. This role will be remote but we can accommodate for an in-person experience in our NYC or Tampa, FL offices.
How You’ll Help Us Succeed
- Use your collected insights to reduce friction and enhance delight for users across our entire digital experience.
- Guide the product team to prioritize what user problems should be solved.
- In the sprint cycle, validate whether the features that have been built appropriately solve the users’ problems.
- Own the user research pipeline from consumer interviews to multivariate user testing.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product, marketing, sales, & engineering to improve our platform, processes, and brand as we grow.
- Learn about and then help tell our customers stories, from building personas to creating user journeys, experience maps, user flows and other internal documents.
- Be an advocate of data-driven learning by generating usability reports, behavioral analytic reports, and competitive analysis reports.
- Analyze research findings and summarize in summaries with actionable insights.
- 5+ years of industry UX Research experience.
- Demonstrated comprehension of qualitative and quantitative research techniques.
- A holistic view, understanding, and strong consideration of research design and user experience.
- Experience partnering with engineers to do preliminary research on features, products, and/or services.
- Experience in an Agile environment, ideally Scrum.
- Experience analyzing data from UX Analytics software.
- Experience visualizing complex workflows and communicating those to other teams.
- Familiarity with different qualitative research methods including usability, 1:1 interviews, concept testing, ethnographic-style fieldwork, group discussions, card sorting, workshops, remote studies, etc.
- Strong communication skills.
About Spytec GPS
Spytec GPS is a telematics company with a focus on providing both top-quality tracking devices and powerful GPS software. We have offices in New York City, Tampa, Florida, and Greenville, South Carolina. Our purpose is to build location-based tools and services that ensure our customers have the sense of security they deserve, whether they are an individual or a global enterprise.
- Competitive Salary
- Profit Sharing Bonus Program - our profit sharing plan provides a target profit goal for the entire company on a yearly basis. If the goal is met, the company distributes 10% of the profits to employees.
- Partial remote work and flexible schedule options
- Generous Vacation & PTO
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance & Flexible Spending Account
100% company-paid insurance option for individuals
- Retirement plan - Company funded Pension and Defined Benefit Plan along with a self directed 401K
- Laptop - Mac or PC? It’s up to you
- Paid Family Leave (10 weeks)
- Fitness Allowance
- Company reimburses up to $50/month of the cost of a gym membership, a fitness class, a personal trainer or sports league
- Charitable Gift Matching
- Company matches up to $1,000 in donations to 501(c)(3) charities per year
- Continuing Education Benefit
- Company reimburses up to $1,000 per year for the cost of job-related certifications, professional memberships and coursework
- Coworking Stipend
- Company reimburses the cost of your coworking space up to $100 per month