Opus One Solutions
Who we are?
Creating a planet fueled by reliable, clean energy isn’t what keeps us up at night; it’s what gets us out of bed. At Opus One Solutions, our software platform GridOS® helps us pursue solutions that will change how countries access, optimize and distribute electrical energy. From microgrids that keep things running in the event of an outage, to helping electric utilities optimize their operations and allowing homeowners to feed energy into a power grid, we're powering a more sustainable future.
Opus One Solutions is looking for a UI/UX Designer who will be entrusted with guiding the development of our all-important UX. We need someone who is passionate about designing innovative, engaging products that deliver both business value and a great experience for users. A Designer who has the maturity to champion their design choices while building great relationships with subject matter experts and convert their knowledge of energy and power systems into actionable designs.
Who are you?
You are a UI/UX Designer with a passion for transforming technical user stories into engaging and intuitive designs. You thrive in the role of Design champion, representing both the voice of the end-user and the best practices in your field. You are looking for a company with a purpose.
You might be working at a product company or at a late-stage startup where you are the one-stop-shop for design from wireframing to graphics, taking requirements to functional prototypes. You have a virtual artist’s palette and a toolbox of technologies you use to demonstrate your design thinking.
What you will work on?
- Ensure the products will delight our target audience through interviews and observations translating feedback into user journeys, personas and becoming a voice of the customer
- Incorporate data-driven design principals ensuring objectivity through qualitative and quantitative input informing product value and feature prioritization
Creating an intuitive User Interface that meets customer needs
- Lead the complete design process from concept development through wireframes to high-fidelity specifications.
- Build brand standards and visual assets into the product’s user interface, driving consistency across the platform.
- Work creatively through technical challenges, visualizing design problems and communicate the results in ways product teams can easily comprehend.
Implementing design practices across organization
- Refine and uphold design processes and best practices to be used across the company
- Stay current on new technologies and identify opportunities to incorporate best practices and design thinking into product designs
- Facilitating internal stakeholder to collect knowledge, generate new ideas, and design solutions
Here’s what you bring:
- The education. University or college diploma in graphic and multi-media design or relevant work experience.
- The experience. 5 years minimum of solid UI/UX design experience with a B2B/B2C product company with an emphasis on creating rich user experiences.
- The knowledge.A portfolio of your recent work demonstrating your ability to deliver eye-catching, intuitive, and engaging customer experiences including responsive web applications, rapid prototypes, wireframes, mockups. You understand accessibility design requirements and best practices. You have used a range of tools and technologies such: Adobe Creative Suite, Invision, Sketch, Abstract
- The communication.You can translate client requirements and complex user journeys into clearly laid out user stories and graphical workflows.
- The teamwork.You easily collaborate with Product, Research and Development and Professional Services teams
- The Excellence.You are results-driven and you thrive in a fast-paced environment delivering to budget and deadlines.
- The innovation.You can anticipate problems and provide creative, quick - and reliable solutions to complex problems
Why join Opus One Solutions?
Recognized by Red Herring as one of North America’s top 100 private technologies and a top 100 global cleantech company for three years running, Opus One is leaving its mark in North America, Europe and Asia with exciting grid modernization projects with leading utility companies that are helping the world become more sustainable. We are all driven by one common goal: to accelerate the integration of clean and sustainable energy in North America and the world.
At Opus One Solutions we understand that not everyone develops their talent and hones their skills in a traditional way. Different paths and experiences are part of the diversity we know we need to succeed. If you feel you meet all or most of the qualifications we are seeking, take a chance and express your interest here.
Opus One Solutions welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.