Free Agency represents and manages careers in tech. Hollywood entertainers & athletes have talent agents — shouldn’t you? We currently work with clients (Free Agents) who work in the technology industry broadly, driving their searches for new jobs and/or helping them succeed at their jobs. We’ve raised $5.35M from amazing investors, including Resolute Ventures, Bloomberg Beta, Ludlow Ventures, and more.
Our Talent team manages individual talent in a similar way that an agent or broker in another industry might represent a buyer or seller. We charge these Free Agents a percentage of income over time for our services, and so our incentives are totally aligned with finding them high-fit, high-paying jobs. Our Free Agents are primarily mid-to-senior candidates in the tech industry with roles in software engineering, product management, marketing, operations, and other functional areas within tech-forward organizations.
These Free Agents work at companies like Amazon, Uber, Square, Tinder, SpaceX, Google, and Netflix. They also work at emerging startups backed by top-tier venture capitalists, including Sequoia, USV, Andreessen Horowitz, Accel, Index, and Benchmark.
We’re looking for a designer to work with us on a contract basis for a variety of digital products. You will be tasked with helping us design three types of products: (1) client-facing tools like dashboards and mobile apps, (2) internal tooling for our Talent Team, including a potential custom CRM or CMS, and (3) landing pages for growth purposes. You’ll work in quick feedback cycles and close collaboration with the CEO, who currently leads product at the company.
You should be a highly modern designer, having recently worked on consumer applications or cutting-edge enterprise solutions. We’re eager to innovate in our areas of product development, and we care deeply about the latest design trends, building to spec, and putting in full effort toward our representation to the world.
Your expected responsibilities:
- Craft low-fidelity mocks and high-fidelity visual design, from UX to final UI, for a variety of web and mobile products
- Collaborate with the CEO to discuss product and design strategy, including related brand and visual design strategy
- Manage design projects with autonomy, including breadthful concept creation, iteration, and delivery to the engineering team
- Serve as design subject matter expert and visual QA for the engineering team, including the technical co-founder
Things you may want to know:
- If you’re capable, there are also design needs in the area of graphic design, ad & brand development, and user research.
- This is a remote-friendly contract job for individuals located in the United States.
Internally, you will:
- Report to and work closely with the CEO.
- Work closely with the engineering team.