Senior UX Designer
Want to join a small team where design is a first class citizen and you can directly shape the experience of hundreds of thousands of daily players? Working as a Senior UX Designer at Flyclops you’ll be instrumental in taking a long standing player base to the next level.
We’re a small team with four products so autonomy is a given and initiative is key. We build games as a service so your problem set will shift and you’ll never be bored. Our structure is largely horizontal and we encourage thoughtful disagreement. You’ll work closely with the entire team to establish and maintain visual integrity, interaction methods, brand standards, consistency, and most of all create fun and meaningful experiences for our players.
The Senior UX Designer we hire will be a blue sky thinker with the follow-through to see what their ideas are really made of.
Your job will include all phases of the design process such as concepting, prototyping, testing, visual design, asset production, and design system maintenance.
• Understand and take responsibility for the entire product UX and its features
• Identify player needs, design and conduct user experience research, and apply it to feature development
• Create flows, prototype, test, interface design, visual design, and asset generation
• Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team including game designers, product managers, and engineers to ensure designs meet player needs
• Foster a high level of polish while understanding technical limitations
• Follow interaction specifications and guidelines for the platforms we publish on
• Generate ideas for product and pitch concepts
• Accept critique as a useful part of the process
• Build out and maintain a design system that can scale across multiple products
• Value autonomy and are prone to taking initiative
• Are looking for a small team environment where you’re able to shape the process
• Are more interested in what’s right, not who’s right
• Can translate concepts into form, function, and execution
• Are aware of current design trends but don’t see them as rules
• Want to be a part of the entire design process from research and experimentation to execution and revision
• Value usability and can empathize with our players
• Have a solid understanding of UX principles and can articulate your design thinking
• Proficient in Figma or the ability to ramp up quickly (I see you, Sketch users.)
• Experienced building out and maintaining a design system
• Expert in designing for mobile
• Expert in at least one graphic design/illustration tool for rendering
• Worked in a live production environment and shipped features regularly
• 3+ years of experience
• US Residency
• Able to work remotely with our eastern time zone based team.
Your formal education is way less important to us than what you’ve made, how you approach defining and solving problems, and how you work with others.
Nice To Have
• Proficiency and a continued interest in Animation/Motion Design is a major plus
• Experience in Illustration or the Visual Arts, generally.
• Experience working in games.
• 5+ years experience
A link to your portfolio, or some way to experience your work is required.
• Competitive pay
• Full medical, dental, vision benefits
• 4 weeks vacation
• Flexible schedule
• As few meetings as possible
• Unlimited sick-leave policy that keeps everyone healthier
• Normally, lots of snacks and lunches but... I’m not sure if you’ve been watching the news…
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.