Digital Product Designer
At Smith Micro, we develop software to simplify and enhance the mobile experience, providing solutions to leading wireless service providers and cable MSOs around the world. Our solutions enrich today’s connected lifestyles while creating new opportunities to engage consumers via smartphones and consumer IoT devices. The Smith Micro portfolio also includes a wide range of products for creating, sharing and monetizing rich content, such as visual voice messaging, optimizing retail content display, performing analytics on any product set, and 2D/3D graphics applications. If you enjoy a fast-paced environment where your skills can have real impact, we need to talk.
We are looking for a Digital Product Designer with experience in the design of mobile and web applications.
The candidate should be capable of gathering and evaluating user requirements, in collaboration with product managers and engineers. It’s important to have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, the ability to make independent decisions and implement creativity based on research findings.
He/she will join a highly skilled team that covers a broad range of disciplines – marketeers, designers, product managers and developers.
What you will do:
- Be part of a strong creative team designing ideas using various methods and latest technology.
- Develop UI/UX mock-ups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how digital products function and look like.
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems.
- Combine creativity with an awareness of the design elements.
- Create prototypes for new products or test ideas.
- Create material to support ongoing user research.
- Design and produce digital assets for different projects.
- Perform market feature research and bench-marking - on apps and websites.
- Research and track advancements in mobile application design patterns (iOS and Android).
- University degree in graphic and digital design or a related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a UI/UX Product Designer or similar role.
- Knowledge and experience with the Adobe Creative Suite, specifically XD, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Experience creating screens for mobile native applications (iOS and Android).
- Must have good understanding of visual communication.
- Knowledge of prototyping.
- Comfortable with the Microsoft Office suite.
- A real interest in digital trends, design and best practices, specifically in the mobile applications design field.
- A fast learner, team player, flexible and open – that is able to take and give feedback constructively, working others views into his/her thinking.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to discuss and explain design options.
- Detail oriented.
- Critical thinker and problem solver.
- Excellent knowledge of Usability Factors in Human Computer Interaction.
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Well organised and meticulous on the management of design files.
- Good English speaking and writing skills is mandatory.
- Must provide online design portfolio. (The portfolio should include mobile applications)
We’re looking for creative thinkers, game-changing challengers and individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit. We won’t just hire anyone. Only amazing people like you – those who are driven, focused, and interested in ever-changing technology.
We offer competitive pay, paid time off and holidays, and a comprehensive benefits package that includes premium medical coverage, well-being programs, an employee stock purchase program (ESPP), a 401(k) plan with company match, and more.
Smith Micro is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Smith Micro is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact Human Resources department, HR@smithmicro.com or call 412-837-5300.