Senior Product Designer
Together we’re building a company that will endure and products people will love for generations to come.
We believe that people do their best in a culture that fosters inclusion, innovation, and success. Our values - Champion the Customer, Take the Lead, Run Together, Ack + Own and Bring Yourself - serve as the foundation of our collaborative and dynamic culture.
Whether it’s conducting a retrospective, participating in our bi-annual hack weeks, cranking out a new product feature, supporting our two PagerDuty bands, or doing our day to day work, Dutonians live and breathe these five values every day. Together, we solve real customer issues and fulfill our mission of connecting teams to real-time opportunities and elevate work to the outcomes that matter.
We’re building an inclusive workplace that represents the real, everyday people we support around the world. From how we build our teams to who sits in the boardroom, we hope you can see yourself at PagerDuty.
Why We Need You
We are building a digital operations management system to help software development and operations teams respond to service disruptions quickly and reduce impact to their customers and their business. An effortless experience across channels is crucial to our continued growth.
As a Senior Product Designer, you will have a considerable impact on making our user experience among the best in any category. You love designing intuitive experiences that delight your users and make them successful. You are creative and thoughtful, but you also care deeply about understanding customers and considering their feedback. You have a healthy interest in product development and collaborating with a team to turn your designs into a beautiful reality. If we’ve just described you, then let’s talk about a role in our growing product design team.
- Work as part of the PagerDuty product development team and own the user experience design of a key feature from start to finish.
- Partner with product management to balance shipping business value quickly and delivering a quality user experience.
- Work with researchers to build a deep understanding of user problems and bring that empathy back to the team through collaborative workshops.
- Decide on the most appropriate fidelity for design deliverables based on the project, and share those designs early and often.
- Collaborate with a team of developers to iterate on designs in an agile environment.
- Continuously test designs, prototypes, and the existing product using qualitative and quantitative research methods.
Skills & Attributes
- You are empathetic; you have a strong desire for learning about people and how they use software.
- You are a strategic thinker that can break down complex problems into simple solutions.
- You can clearly communicate your thoughts and opinions to justify your design decisions.
- You seek out diverse opinions and enjoy collaborating with others.
- You are self-driven and resourceful; you take on new challenges and opportunities in a fast-paced environment.
- You have experience partnering with Product Managers to develop the strategy and rationale for features.
- You are comfortable in defining projects and measures of success, testing your assumptions and outcomes, and continuously incorporating feedback.
- 5+ years of experience in product design, UX design, service design, or a related field.
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates taking at least one project from start to finish (from research and discovery through to implementation with developers).
- Strong execution skills and experience with modern tools such as Figma, Sketch, Invision, Zeplin, Abstract or related. You're accustomed to using prototyping tools in your workflow.
- Experience designing for more than one platform or channel (such as web, mobile, chatops, email).
- Experience planning and executing user research projects.
- Experience designing the user experience for machine learning features or working with a data science team.
- Competitive salaries and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family
- Generous parental leave
- Paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to paid holidays and ample sick leave
- Opportunities to get involved in PagerDuty's Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and other diversity initiatives. ERGs are self-organized, employee-run communities focused on advancing a sense of belonging and inclusion for all - members, advocates, and allies.
- Paid employee volunteer time - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company wide hack weeks
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is for people. Meaning, we extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with local requirements.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
To all recruitment agencies: PagerDuty does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, PagerDuty employees or any other company location. PagerDuty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.