Director of Product Design
Who is Credible?
We believe life’s changes create financial needs for people and that the traditional financial system often puts up unnecessary obstacles. People celebrate major milestones like going to college, getting married, and buying a home. And most of the time, these milestones come with financial implications.
At Credible, we have built a company with the mission of bringing transparency, choice, simple processes and savings to accessing credit for life’s important moments. What you see is what you get. We are committed to being upfront, honest, and clear about your options. There are no mysteries, no hidden fees, and no secret clauses.
Credible is a fast-growing Fintech company that has world class management, has raised multiple rounds of funding, is generating significant revenue and is disrupting the lending market and helping people save money and get out of debt faster.
About the role
Credible is looking for a creative, inspiring Director of Product Design to lead the design team in crafting exceptional experiences for hundreds of thousands of users. Reporting to Credible's Chief Product Officer, you will manage and mentor our talented design team, play a critical role in delivering important product initiatives, help us mature our design processes, and grow our design team as the business scales.
- Manage and mentor our product designers, and potentially one marketing designer. Foster their growth through development planning, performance management, collaborative work, and real-time design feedback and coaching
- Oversee the design team's efforts across all product initiatives, partnering with product counterparts to ensure strong execution from concept through launch and beyond
- Drive greater visibility of the design team across the organization
- Identify appropriate methods for measuring design team effectiveness, and drive continuous improvement in team performance and design quality
- Manage our product design roadmap, project planning and task prioritization
- Recruit and onboard new designers over time as the business grows
Education and Experience:
- 8+ years of progressive experience in UI/UX design or product design, with a focus on internet and/or mobile consumer products is required
- At least 1 year of supervisory experience, and ideally several more years in a mentorship capacity
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Graphic Design, UI/UX, Web Design, HCI or a related field preferred
- Working knowledge of design tools - Figma, Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop, Principle, Framer, and any other tools needed to get the job done
- An inspiring portfolio that demonstrates experience managing design processes, leading design projects, crafting design systems, working through complex user flows, and shipping products that are functional, intuitive and visually compelling
- Experience applying user research methodologies and product data/analytics to inform design decisions
- Proven ability to identify and execute on opportunities for team improvement over time
- Meaningful experience working closely with product managers and engineers in a collaborative environment
Personality and Values:
- Passion for creating exceptional user experiences that address real user needs
- Strong problem-solving skills with ability to simplify the complex
- Thrive on collaboration with other teams to accomplish shared goals
- Resourceful and mindful; you move fast but don't break things
- Possess a build-measure-learn iterative mindset
- Strong communication skills
Why work at Credible
We are a fast moving, fun-loving, seriously smart group of people who really care about impacting the lives of our customers. We empower our employees to make decisions, take risks, drive our business and make changes when we don’t get it right. These are our values:
- Exceed Customer Expectations: We provide an exceptional experience to each and every customer that compels them to share it with others.
- Take Ownership: We are trusted to make decisions that are in the best interests of our customers and our business. We think and act like owners. We care – and that makes all the difference.
- Be Curious: We are curious, ask questions, seek to understand and try new things.
- Do the Right Thing: We earn trust by being transparent, respectful and honest with each person with whom we interact.
- Get Results: Results fuel our excitement and we know how our personal accomplishments tie to the success of the company.
- Be Bold: We are courageous and take risks that scare us. Our enthusiasm for experimenting is how we will find the next breakthrough.
Our benefits: We offer competitive compensation, generous benefits, free food and a flexible vacation policy.
But mainly, you want to work at Credible because you believe in our mission and want to have a major role in delivering on it! We look forward to getting to know you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.