Shopify is now permanently remote and working towards a future that is digital by default. Learn more about what this can mean for you.
Shopify has redefined commerce by raising the standard for how companies of all sizes sell their products and services. To help power 1,000,000+ merchants in more than 175 different countries, Shopify is always growing and finding new ways to create more value for commerce businesses around the world.
Handshake is a wholesale marketplace developed by Shopify. We help retailers discover new products from unique brands and support them in connecting, trading, and building successful partnerships. Having launched very recently, we have lots of exciting work ahead of us, and are looking for a product designer with strong visual design skills. You’ll own projects from start to finish, collaborate with researchers, product managers, designers and developers, and focus on delivering the best possible experience for our merchants. You’ll also have the opportunity to help shape Handshake’s brand, user interface and design language.
Passion and curiosity go a long way. Even if you aren’t able to check every box below, please still consider applying.
- Improve the merchant experience. You’ll own projects from start to finish, while participating in various initiatives including workshops to define and explore merchant problems, sketching, wireframing, prototyping, and reviews.
- Help shape Handshake’s brand identity, user interface, and visual design language.
- Make your team stronger. You’ll provide actionable feedback to your peers to help strengthen their visual and interaction design skills.
- Help your team develop empathy for our merchants and advocate for our merchants’ needs. Data will be just one of the many tools you will use to help inform your work.
- Ship valuable and high-quality work without sacrificing speed.
- Strong visual design abilities, attention to detail and an eye for good design.
- Ability to articulate, present, and sometimes defend your design decisions.
- Passion for solving problems while balancing all facets of a user experience (strategy and research, information architecture, interaction design) and collaborating closely with multiple disciplines including product, engineering, content, and research.
- An understanding of the end-to-end iterative design process including wireframing, content modelling, prototyping, user research, and high-fidelity visuals.
- Proficiency with current industry design and collaboration tools such as Figma.
- A portfolio of projects you’ve worked on.
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce around the world, send us a few samples of your work: portfolio, wireframes, flows, publications, or whatever represents what you do best. Please make out your cover letter to Jeremy. We hope to hear from you soon!
This this job posting will be open until Wednesday October 21st.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.