Senior Product Designer
Posted 2 years ago
Apply for this job
We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on earth. Our mission is bold and ambitious, and it’s one that’s shared by our team who shares our values, to dream big, build fast and be brilliant.
To achieve this, we’ve brought together one of the largest teams of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians and engineers to focus on combining the ever-growing computing power of machines, with the best medical expertise of humans, to create a comprehensive, immediate and personalized health service and make it universally available.
At Babylon our people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. We’re a vibrant community of creative thinkers and doers, forging the way for a new generation of healthcare. We’re only as good as our people. So, finding the best people is everything to us.
We serve millions, but we choose our people one at a time…
You’ll be designing the future of healthcare - affordable, accessible, high-quality health and sick care; alongside some of the top AI and M/NLP researchers in the world; in collaboration with a passionate team of doctors and medical innovators; and in partnership with leading international tech and health care organisations.
You'll also be joining Babylon Health at an exciting and challenging time as we aggressively expand our products to serve new markets ranging from Africa, South Asia, Europe, Middle East and the USA, while also emphasising the importance of an easy-to-use, outcome-driven, and delightful product experience across all devices.
The Health Management Team
According to the World Health Organisation, 60% of all deaths are due to chronic conditions and expected to cost the world economy $47 trillion by 2030. The Health Management team is passionate about supporting members to take the necessary steps in their life to prevent or manage chronic conditions.
Why should you consider applying for this role?
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer (UI / UX) to join our team. You will be working on the experience & design of our market-leading products, in the collaborative and growing UX & Design team based in our central London offices. The future of our product is focused around utilising AI solutions to revolutionise how we diagnose, treat and prevent diseases; your effort will contribute heavily in helping us design and create new & innovative products.
- You'll be responsible to define the experience in your team together with the product manager and tech champion. Pushing and helping the team to drive for the best-in-class solutions and identifying priorities on the work based on value-based care roadmaps.
- Acting as a user advocate for specific problems, balancing the solutions with the business and tech requirements, connecting to broader product vision and identifying possible opportunities.
- Partner with user research to craft and validate personas, scenarios, and jobs to be done for your area of the product. Identify opportunities to share compelling stories about the customer experience in order to persuade, generate interest, and recommend ways our current experience could be improved.
- Facilitate cross-discipline sessions as part of early product definition - likely pulling from a tool-box of lean UX approaches, design sprint and prototyping methods. You have a keen eye for detail, but know how to rapidly solve problems using everything from a basic sketch to high fidelity prototypes.
- Design the next generation, AI-driven clinical interface our in-house and remote doctors use for their virtual consultations and within our physical clinics. Work within our existing UI pattern library as well as work actively to evolve our UI to best compliment the new brand, technical constraints and customer needs.
- Create user journey maps illustrating user needs, pain points, and business opportunities as we evolve our apps to provide additional sick care, health assessment, coaching and monitoring services to our members. Help us understand the key needs and design solutions that support successful long term condition management.
- Ensure our products follow accessibility targets and create a standard through our design pattern libraries and interaction design guidelines. We’ll expect you to think creatively about a solution, for example sometimes the answer is to change copy, not to redesign. You’ll then use your gravitas to ensure you have the ability to defend your design decisions.
- Help us build a strong design and learner-mindset culture by sharing your experiences with the design guild, being an evangelist for user-centric approaches in the broader organisation, and actively participating in the London and global design community.
- Data-driven - using both qualitative & quantitative data to influence your work. Clarifying success metrics and ties efforts toward delivering business value.
What are we looking for:
- You have transitioned from doer to leader, understanding the broader business and customer context for your work. Contributed to multiple shipped products and roughly have 5-10 years of experience. You have several years of experience designing consumer-focused tech for responsive web and native apps.
- You can share situations where you have led the solution for a significant user journey and developed the process/approach for tackling a problem. You have experience facilitating workshops and leading meetings. Have proven ability to collaborate successfully with cross-functional peers and teams (AI, Engineering, Marketing, Product) to develop concepts and products.
- You’re an expert in several core design skills. We don’t believe in the design unicorn, so we expect you have a specialised depth and/or breadth of expertise across the UX and product design spectrum of core skills. Depending on your strengths, leadership, people skills, and interests you will be joining one of our rapidly growing design teams which focus across our journey including Consumer apps for our members, Clinical experiences for our Doctors and Admins, Partner portals, and Assistant experiences. You’ll be expected to work closely with a diverse team of design and research peers who may have other areas of expertise, strengths and capabilities that balance your own. This role will likely report into either a Director of UX, Design Manager or a Lead Designer.
- You have mature people and leadership skills. Design is not only about craft and at this level we also expect you have begun to master several key people and leadership skills. These include communication and presentation skills - ability to communicate design effectively, regardless of the audience; receiving and giving constructive feedback; and leading workshops as a design facilitator. Finally, you’ll be able to share with us stories where you’ve shown resilience, organisational awareness and most importantly empathy and compassion.
We look forward to hearing from you!
We believe that difference inspires a better, healthier world. That’s why it’s at the heart of everything we do. From our people to our products, difference enriches every part of our business and creates a culture based on equality of opportunity, and in which all Babylonians can progress their careers. We’re committed to creating an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
At Babylon, we have Power of Diversity groups (PODs) to drive positive engagements that create and foster a diverse and inclusive environment and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse pool of candidates.
Our mission is to put an accessible and affordable health service in the hands of every person on earth. Diversity and inclusion play a key role in helping us bring this mission to life and create a true sense of belonging for all.