Lab49 (an ION company) is a specialist consultancy that designs and develops bespoke and innovative technology solutions in partnership with key participants in financial markets
As part of our growth in Sydney we are seeking a Contract UX Designer to help us shape the future of digital and technology solutions for our Financial Services clients.
This will be a short term contract for up to three months.
Key aspects of this role will include:
Leading the UX design on enterprise solutions from Discovery to Build.
Driving conversations with very senior stakeholders to determine their goals and requirements
Working with Product Designers to define and deliver the UX at various levels of fidelity from sketches to prototypes
Being the bridge between user, business and technology, and so being able to find the right balance in a great user experience that delivers tangible value to the business at a reasonable cost to build
Facilitating workshops and interviews with stakeholders and users
Planning and running user research in order to explore a problem space and validate solution designs
- A demonstrated background in UX across research, product strategy and interaction design
- Broad portfolio of work that includes recent projects where you have had full ownership of delivering the design project
- Exceptional interaction design skills and a laser-sharp attention to detail with the ability to deliver a high standard of work and be a part of a high performing team
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present comfortably to senior stakeholders
- A data driven approach and being comfortable with complexity and being pushed outside your comfort zone
To be considered for this role your skills will include:
As well as key technical skills Lab49 also look for candidates that are highly collaborative, can think about the big picture, combine a consultative approach with a pragmatic understanding of how to get the best experience in the context of the cost to build and who are able to work autonomously or within a team.
If this sounds like a culture you would like to be part of, please hit the apply button.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Agency applications will not be considered at this time
Lab49 is an equal opportunity employer. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, colour, disability, national origin, ancestry, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable law.