Lead UX Writer
We strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
Bumble is looking for an experienced Lead UX Writer to join the Product Design team. You'll be working on a product that is a part of the daily lives of millions of people already, and you'll solve complex problems that have a direct and positive impact on our users' lives.
This role will be based in London, reporting to the Bumble Head of Product Design.
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with product and design leaderships, and share expertise through active collaboration
- Grow and develop our team of UX Writers, and work with them to create tools and frameworks to improve our practices iteratively
- Define and enforce strategy and goals for UX Writing, clarifying priorities, and clearly communicating company goals and strategy.
- Work with product and engineering to oversee the UX Writing from conception to launch (and continuous iterations)
- Collaborate with research to understand how our users think and feel and inform design decisions
- Evolve language and tone of voice guidelines for the product, promote style consistency and best practices, and define cohesive narratives across our products
- Coach your reports to continually raise the bar for quality in the team
- Regularly present your work and evangelise good writing standards within the team and the wider company
- Contribute to the design culture at Bumble
EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Demonstrable experience in shipping world-class digital products in cross-functional teams, and assessing content for comprehension and user sentiment
- Knowledgeable in people leadership, career development, and talent management in a fast paced global environment
- Well-trained eye for excellent writing and consistency, with a main focus in delivering great experiences and solving problems through copy
- Strong portfolio of case studies showing your skills and experience
- Successful experience partnering with research, design, product and engineering
- You are a strategic thinker, and have experience translating user behaviour into great content strategy and copy
- You have great communication skills and fluency in English, both verbal and written
- You are proactive, organised, curious, humble and empathetic, and you can multi-task across multiple workstreams
- You are passionate about inclusive, accessible and ethical products
- You are passionate about evangelising UX Writing within the business and externally (e.g. events, conferences, articles)
- You are comfortable in a fast-paced environment where you communicate daily with world-class talent from our global teams
- You are positive and committed with a 'can-do' attitude and a flexible approach
- You have a high level of attention to detail while also looking at the big picture
- You are a natural editor, and you thrive on improving the writing of others as much as writing your own content
- You are deeply passionate about Bumble’s brand vision and values: kindness, growth, respect, accountability, courage and equality
With over 600 staff in 10+ countries all working remotely during the time of COVID-19, we’ve worked hard to adapt and support our teams during this challenging time, including:
* Flexible working hours
* Streaming free, live yoga & meditation sessions each week, as well as a full weekly timetable of free online exercise classes
* ‘Random Coffee’ - connecting staff across the globe in pairs once a week to get to know each other over a video chat
* ‘First Fridays’ - meal delivery for a remote lunch with your team once a month
* Employee Support Fund for those whose households are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19
* Written resources to guide employees through this challenging time
* You will also be taken through a fully digital onboarding process!
About Bumble: Bumble is the parent company that operates Badoo and Bumble, two of the world’s largest dating and connection apps with millions of users globally. The Bumble app was founded by CEO Whitney Wolfe Herd in 2014. Bumble is majority-owned by Blackstone and has over 600 employees in offices in Austin, London, and Moscow.