Alpha Health has now become Koa Health. After 4 years of intense research and product development on breakthrough digital mental health solutions; Alpha Health has graduated from Telefonica’s moonshot factory.
Koa Health is a digital mental health company bringing high quality mental healthcare to people around the world. Targeting a significant market opportunity, Koa is building solutions that are comprehensive (from prevention to cure), effective (with a uniquely strong evidence-base), ethical (e.g., managing personal data), and personal (rather than one-size-fits-all).
Koa launched its first commercial product in the US and UK in February (Foundations) and launches Mindset in the US later this year. In parallel, Koa is developing a pipeline of clinical products, including Perspectives and Foresight.
At Koa, we have built a fantastic team of designers, engineers, researchers, and commercial leads. We also partner with the very best clinicians and academics in the US, the UK, and Europe.
About the Role
As a Product Designer you will work with the Lead Product Designer to visualize user experience and user interface solutions that improve the health and wellbeing of the people who use our products and services everyday. You’ll bring your great passion for interaction design and empathy for people together.
We believe in supporting our Designers and giving them the autonomy to do what they do best while having the support of working within a structured team on a focused goal. We work collaboratively as much as possible between Design, Research, Engineering and Product so you'll have the opportunity to explore the skills you most hope to improve while having the chance to interview users, propose new design solutions and work closely with our Engineers to build a sense of craft and quality into our products.
- Designing and delivering the user experience and user interface of a product or service
- You are innately curious and proactive. You take ownership of your work without oversight.
- Executing and adapting the choice architecture of the product or feature being designed
- Working with the user research team to identify: opportunities for research, insights and needs
- Working with Product Managers in the process of executing the strategic position, scope and schedule of a product or feature
- Partnering across design pods to create consistency among our product portfolio
- Utilizing and improving our design system
- Working with Engineering help maintain delivery schedules, and collaborate on: storymapping, feature grooming, design specifications and prioritization
- Asking for help and feedback, as needed, from your team members
- Identifying the skills that you hope to improve and the areas you enjoy working in so we can help you develop your career
- 3–5 years experience as a UX/UI designer.
- Strong design point-of-view and comfort with challenging personal opinions.
- Curiosity for pushing the boundaries and uncovering new solutions to common challenges
- Openness and empathic understanding of people.
- Able to adapt to fast-changing environments.
- Experience participating in / facilitating design research, design sprints & ideation sessions.
- You’re a craftsperson with strong skills and experience in Figma and design prototyping tools.
- Preference for collaborative design
- Fluency in English
- Examples of strong typographic skills
- Illustration and animation skills are a plus
- Experience with photography and video production
Koa Health Perks
We provide all the necessary help and perks to make your life at work and outside of work fun and comfortable all year round, like:
- Benefits package (health, pension, life)
- Work from home or work from the office
- Flexible working schedule
- Ticket Restaurant
- High social impact with worldwide reach
- A friendly and open environment
- A democratic team culture that encourages everybody to contribute ideas and acquire new skills
- HQ in Barcelona, right by the beach!