Senior UX Designer
We're looking for a Senior Product and Service Designer to help drive internal tools and technologies at Cazoo. You'll work directly in a Product squad with Product Managers, Developers, and interface with stakeholders across the business. This role is focused on internal technologies for Logistics and Operations. You Should be able to facilitate discovery with your team and have a developed toolkit of workshops and practices that support you. You will ensure the quality of design across Operations and internal tools teams, balancing the needs of our users with needs of the business.
- Understand user needs and design services around those needs
- Design whole services to make things easier and simpler for users across the value chain
- Support your product team by exploring and validating design ideas
- Ensure we solve the right problems by working closely with product managers and stakeholders
- Create ‘works like’ prototypes that help us validate ideas using industry-standard tools like Figma, Framer, or Invision.
- You will be laser focused on team alignment and strategy, and help the team succeed across multiple inter-dependent needs
- You are responsible for running research sessions and synthesis with the product team
This role is for an expert practitioner who has worked on large-scale and complex projects. You should be able to get stuck in and drive results quickly and effectively.
- Skilled with service design, interaction design and user research, you regularly facilitate workshops and align teams on outcomes
- Specialised in user-centred design practices, with a focus on accessibility and inclusive design in agile, multidisciplinary teams
- You demonstrate a working knowledge of product design in a software team, including how you handle dev constraints, regulatory constraints, and stakeholder feedback.
- You can deliver design across any stage of the product lifecycle, from idea sketching and lo-fi prototypes, to high fidelity design, you're very comfortable with all of it.
- You nurture agreement in teams by having a developed toolkit of product discovery techniques and workshops to help facilitate design discussions and get people aligned on the problem.
- You have demonstrable experience in shipping world-class digital products in cross-functional teams
- You can facilitate a human-focused design approach within the team
- You have a well-trained eye for great visual design execution, but that’s not what drives you. Your focus is on delivering great experiences and solving problems
- You're a strategic thinker, and an expert in translating user behaviour into great user experience and design
- You have a strong portfolio of case studies showing your skills
- You love to collaborate, and are at your best when you're working with research, design, product and engineering
- You’re proactive, organised, curious, humble and empathetic, and you can multi-task across multiple workstreams
- You’re passionate about inclusive, accessible and ethical design
- You can actively support more junior members of the team with practical advice and guidance
- You're passionate about evangelising design within the business and externally (e.g. events, conferences, articles)
We value people who are:
- Customer Obsessed. At Cazoo, people come before cars. We encourage service design thinking and understanding that customers interact with Cazoo beyond just a website.
- Team Players. Being a small team, we encourage everyone to take ownership in their area and collaborate with others. No matter how many projects we deliver, each of us still has plenty to learn and it’s crucial we stay humble.
- Fast Drivers. We focus on results, which means we keep the bar high and are always pushing ourselves to make fast decisions and learn as quickly as possible.
- Data Driven. We value making informed decisions and using data to inform those decisions. If there's data, use data.
Who we are:
Cazoo was founded in 2018 to transform the way people buy used cars. We believe everyone deserves to feel total assurance when buying a car. Our vision is to deliver the UK’s best car buying experience by putting the customer first and making it no different from buying any other product online today. We are backed by top investors and directed by an experienced management team including Founder and CEO, Alex Chesterman, OBE.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, sexual orientation, colour, religion, national origin, disability status or marital status.
Our London home is located a stone’s throw from Euston Station and close to Kings Cross, with tube stations on the Northern, Victoria, Piccadilly, Hammersmith & City and Circle lines all a short walk away.
Along with a competitive salary, we offer an outstanding benefits package, including eligibility for equity. At Cazoo we are passionate about well being as such we provide an annual wellness fund and are partnered with a leading healthcare provider. We also offer a 5% salary matched pension scheme, along with life insurance and critical illness cover.
Our selection process will typically involve a chat on the phone, a portfolio review and a few hours of interviews where you’ll have a chance to meet the team. Our interview process is built around understanding your experience and focus as a designer, not making you sweat or catching you out.