At Nextiva, we’re building a world class design team, dedicated to envisioning, creating, and building the next generation of business communication experiences.
Nextiva is seeking an experienced Product Designer to join our growing team. As a Product Designer, you will be focused on providing value to our customers, ensuring the usability of our products and maintaining our design system. You will report to the Director of Product Design and work alongside other designers, product management, engineering, internal users and external customers to design user experiences that build great products.
The ideal candidate is self-directed, humble, not afraid to ask questions, a team player, and is motivated to continually work towards the best possible design solutions. S/he is an expert in visual communication, modern design trends (namely in the tech industry), and can translate feedback from stakeholders into actionable objectives for design efforts. Our ideal Product Designer lives and breathes functional design perfectly blended with curiosity and artistry to bring to life truly innovative designs.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Rapidly create deliverables (journey map, wireframes, mockups, prototypes, etc.) and execute high fidelity design.
- Collaborate with a multi disciplinary team of designers, researchers, product managers, and engineers to design the end-to-end user experience of our products. This includes, but isn’t limited to information architecture, interaction flows, accessibility best practices, lo-fi wireframes, hifi visual mockups, prototypes, user research, and documentation.
- Understand and respond to data (metric tests, usability studies) to inform design decisions and recommendations
- Work with product managers and developers to iterate on and refine the current user experience
- Design for multiple variations of an asset when necessary for delivery. Be able to fully explain creative choices made to arrive at submitted work, both verbally and in written form
- Stay informed on the latest UI/UX techniques, tools, and patterns and integrate best practices into design projects
- Define and maintain detailed design patterns that scale
- Participate and drive usability studies, utilizing tools such as UserTesting.Com and Pendo.
- Proficiency in Figma and experience managing and working with a Design System
- Share findings with our team and explain how that will affect your design decisions
- Create sketches/mockups of graphics/elements to gather feedback from stakeholders in early phases of projects
- Deliver projects on time, and are able to prioritize high impact design input.
- Bachelor's degree in product design or related field
- 5+ years of experience in product design, ideally across multiple product platforms
- Demonstrable experience analyzing user feedback in both qualitative quantitative formats: user research, a/b tests and other data driven methodologies
- Believes in simplicity as a key product design principle. If you can show how you simplified a complex feature or product – even better.
- Ability to deliver designs quickly, reacting to tactical high impacting changes and switch quickly to being more strategic, project design planning.
- A portfolio demonstrating compelling examples of smart digital experiences you’ve created.
- Meticulous attention to detail in the design and execution of consistent, compelling work
- Demonstrated fluency in a common stack of design and software tools, including XD, Adobe Creative Cloud, Jira, and InVision.
- Working with and maintaining design systems
- Strong organizational skills
- Previous experience designing for a technology company
Bonus Points For:
- Mobile design experience
- UX experience, certifications, or advanced degree
- Experience in agile methodologies
- Understanding of an A/B testing process and adjusting design based on results
- Interest in emerging technologies in web, mobile, and other digital delivery platforms
- Figma and/or Adobe XD (required)
- Adobe creative suite (not required)
- UserTesting.Com (not required)
- Pendo (not Required)
- Microsoft/Google products (required)