In short: UI/UX designer, need a portfolio to prove it! Speed is a big thing for us, as are sketch skills.
About the Designer position
We are looking for an experienced UI/UX Designer to create amazing user experiences, helping our products to be highly attractive and competitive.
You should be keen in clean and artful design and be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts, creating beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
UI Designer responsibilities are:
- Work together with product management and engineering to build innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience
- Participate in all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
- Develop original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Prepare wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Discuss designs and key milestone deliverables with peers and executive level stakeholders
- Perform user research and evaluate user feedback
- Set design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Stay up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- The production of high-fidelity prototypes, through the customisation of any of our core Products
- Gathering and evaluating user requirements, in collaboration with our Product and Engineering teams, including the adjustment of specs and deliverables to meet product requirements and limitations.
- Illustrating design ideas using storyboards, process flows, user journeys and personas.
- Working with the Product, Engineering and Project Management teams to bring new product features to life
- Working as a UX Researcher and utilise a variety of testing techniques to inform and validate the direction of your design.
- Keep abreast of competitors’ products and industry trends.
UI Designer requirements are:
- Profound UI design skills with a solid portfolio of design projects
- Experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Significant experience with Sketch
- Strong visual design skills with good understanding of user-system interaction
- Strong presentational and team player abilities
- Strong problem-solving skills with creative approach
Skills & Experience
- Demonstrable work experience as a UI/UX Designer.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills make you adept at working to tight deadlines.
- Passionate about all things design, with the ability to demonstrate this through your work and when communicating with internal and external stakeholders.
- Constantly looking to hone your design instinct through user feedback, whether through hands-on user research or designing options for multi-variant testing.
- Proficient in industry-standard tools for producing designs, assets and clickable prototypes; including Sketch.
- Fluent in current UX best practice and usability principles, interaction and UI design trends.
- Good understanding of front-end development to inform high quality, implementable solutions. N.B. Programming skills are not a requirement, but certainly beneficial.
- Confident in presenting and promoting your ideas, thinking and design processes to a wider team, both across Product and Engineering, even with strong-willed and fast-paced teams