Principal UX/UI Designer
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are not only passionate about our product, but also seek to deliver exceptional experiences for our customers! At Splunk, we are committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most importantly, to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey and family.
Do you think design has the power to make the world better? Are you excited by the challenge of helping people analyze and draw mission-critical insights from big data?
If so, we here at Splunk would love to hear from you!
As a Principal UX/UI Designer for the Security team, you'll be involved in the full life-cycle of design. You’ll partner with product managers and engineers to deliver phenomenal experiences to our users, enabling them to demonstrate the full power of Splunk.
What you’ll do:
- Design new features for Splunk’s security product offerings
- Craft user workflow diagrams, prototypes, wireframes and high fidelity designs
- Understand technical, complex use cases and propose elegant concepts and design solutions
- Collaborate with the security UX team
- Work with cross-functional teams throughout product development (including user research, product management, and engineering)
- Work closely with engineering to ensure that design specifications are implemented
- Test design concepts with customers and conduct usability studies, interview sessions
- Partner with product managers, to solicit user input, and use it to craft product development efforts
What you’ll bring:
- 10+ years of product experience in UX/UI Design
- Experience in enabling highly technical users quickly and intuitively to analyze, and get insights from, data produced by a wide variety of services and devices
- Understanding of design systems, and experience leveraging, and contributing to, design systems
- Excellent visual design skills and a high level understanding of visual solutions for all screen sizes
- Master crafting prototypes to communicate complex design concepts to users and project partners
- Expert in using industry-standard design and prototyping tools (Figma, Adobe CC)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience collaborating with other designers and departments - you’re comfortable taking and incorporating feedback from other team members
- Not afraid of project or product ambiguity and willing to learn new skills
- Masters degree in HCI or related Design program, or in lieu of degree
- Positive, collaborative attitude
- A sense of humor
Bonus Points If You Have
- Experience in an agency environment
- Experience in a fast-paced, iterative development environment, experience with Agile
- Start up experience or b2b SaaS experience
- Product design experience across a range of industries (security is a major plus)
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
This is a remote position located in the US. You must be able to work on the West Coast time zone (PST). For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!