Are you passionate about building great products? Do you want to redefine the way travellers explore the world? Are you looking to work with one of the coolest technology companies in the region? Keen to be part of this growth journey with a bunch of amazing people? Then Pelago is the place for you!
We are looking for ambitious and motivated talents who are excited about staying on the cutting edge of Technology and always keen on innovating new ways to drive growth and taking our startup to new heights.
WHO ARE WE?
Pelago is an Itinerary focused Travel Marketplace that makes every aspect of a Trip - from Discovery & Organising to Booking & Experiencing - easy, fun and personalised!
Backed by a market leading brand with strong funding, the company is currently in the early startup stage, and well-positioned to disrupt the $250 Billion travel experiences industry.
We are a team of diverse, passionate, empowered, inclusive, authentic and open individuals who share the same values and strive towards a common goal!
WHAT CAN WE OFFER YOU?
- A unique opportunity to take end-to-end ownership of building business in your market with products that deliver real value to travellers.
- Platforms to solve real customer problems concerning travel planning & booking with innovative products/services.
- An amazing peer group to work with, and ability to learn from the similarly great minds around you.
- An opportunity to be an integral part of shaping the company’s growth and culture with a diverse, fun, and dynamic environment with colleagues from different parts of the world.
- Competitive compensation and benefits - including work flexibility, insurance, and more!
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Work hands-on with product managers, designers, executive leadership and subject matter experts to prioritize research opportunities
- Conduct independent research on multiple user profiles such as Travellers, Providers and other relevant verticals
- Collect and analyze user behavior through user interviews, experiments, benchmark studies, lab studies, surveys and other appropriate methodologies
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and oral presentations and plan with relevant teams to implement the recommended changes
- Be willing to travel (when safe and possible) to key markets and co-ordinate with on-ground staff to uncover insights from users belonging to other cultures
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Minimum 5 years of industry work experience in an applied research setting
- Experience with usability testing tools, analysis and presentation tools
- Basic understanding of the domain expertise of partner teams such as engineering, product and business stakeholders
- Strong understanding of strengths and shortcomings of qualitative and quantitative research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase
- Strong working knowledge of statistics, survey design, interviewing, and the principles of experiment design
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation, user interview, collaboration skills and presentation skills
- MA/MS degree in human-computer interaction, human factors engineering, industrial engineering, cognitive science, experimental psychology, anthropology, information sciences, related field or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with design prototyping on tools such as Sketch, Axure, Balsamiq, InVision etc is a plus
If you’re as excited as we are in this journey, do apply directly with a copy of your full resume and portfolio. We'll reach out to you as soon as we can!