Senior User Experience Researcher
A Cloud Guru
The Senior UX Researcher role
PIONEER | EMPATHISE | ADVOCATE
As a Senior UX Researcher at A Cloud Guru, you will lead the proactive discovery, exploration and development of customer-centric insights across our business focused teams - those who come to ACG to enable their teams how to cloud and increase their organization’s cloud maturity. You will partner with product managers, designers & our Go-to-Market teams to make sure that research has influence and helps drive better business decision-making that sharpens product development strategies in how we create impactful experiences for our business and enterprise customers.
As an early individual contributor researcher at ACG, you will also have the unique opportunity to partner with the User Research Manager to pioneer the practice of User Research, and contribute extensively to defining a research practice. If this sounds like something you'd be interested in, please apply below!
Hello, we're A Cloud Guru
Our friends call us ACG.
A Cloud Guru was built by engineers for everyone, everywhere. Here, you’ll have the freedom to follow your curiosity. We’re not afraid to just try, because when you’re working with cutting edge technologies, experimentation and trying out new ideas have to be encouraged and celebrated. Our engineers are building the world’s largest (and most awesome) cloud learning platform. Why? Our mission is to teach the world to cloud. Our fun, practical courses have helped over 1.5 million people learn to cloud, and we’re just getting started.
We’re not a training company that just decided to sell training courses. We grew up out of the cloud ecosystem. We were a bunch of cloud engineers who pulled people together to create a training platform. That’s why we’re genuinely passionate about what we create. And we are known for practicing what we preach.
What makes the Product & Engineering team awesome...
Learning to cloud means unlocking a world of possibilities for our students. Using the latest tech, we design the tools to teach people cloud faster and better. The team is talented (and a little quirky), and we’re all in it together.
- Cutting-edge tech We’ve built a product using cloud-first Serverless Architecture with tools like Lambda, API Gateway, GraphQL and ReactJS.
- Founded by engineers Having a CEO who’s also an engineer is nice — he knows the effort it takes to make things awesome.
- We don’t bite We’re friendly, down-to-earth, and collaborative. There are no high-performing jerks and no heroes. Just great teams.
- Hungry and humble We’re dedicated to learning all the things to create the best product possible.
You'll do well at ACG if you're open to learning and trying new things, and you like to be surrounded by other friendly, passionate and driven people. –Natasja, Makeup Guru (and Software Developer)
As a Senior UX Researcher at ACG, you’ll get to:
- Prepare, execute, and analyse research while serving as subject matter expert for the Product & Engineering organisation
- Devise, define, and measure UX approaches and metrics, and work with core stakeholders on research planning
- Develop tailored, relevant approaches to measure user's experiences
- Connect the dots, seed ideas, and storytell to drive better business decisions around product opportunities across the broader ACG organization.
- Lead meaningful relationship-building with a wide range of partners (e.g. Design, Product, Engineering, Sales, Support)
- Mentor, train and coach Product Designers & Product Managers on the design and execution of research activities and deliverables as well as how to leverage insights to better inform their decisions.
What you bring to the table
We focus on hiring values-aligned people, because we believe the right person can learn all the things to be successful in their role. Self-belief plays a big part in what you apply for. We encourage all job applicants to apply even if they are nervous to do so. Uni degrees aren't required for any roles, and career gaps or switches are totally welcome.
- 5+ years experience working in a User Research role or discipline, leading research projects using a variety of different methods (generative, evaluative or quantitative)
- Experience researching businesses (SMB, Large or Enterprise customers) either in a user research or market research capacity
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to build and sustain internal and external partnerships (in person and remotely) to influence strategy and decisions
- Proven track record of conducting Strategic and Design Research projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills that will allow sharing of study plans, findings and insights creatively and persuasively, both in an individual and group setting
- Strong business acumen; an understanding of business goals, strategies and pressures while being aware of industry trends and competitive actions as a context for doing research
We want the people who care about doing a good job. The ones who have the humility and hunger to learn. - Sam Kroonenburg, Co-Founder and CEO
More than a job
Where you work isn’t just a career decision — it’s a life decision. We get it. That’s why we want all of our Gurus to feel a sense of belonging that comes from feeling supported in all areas of their lives. Everyone has family, friends and interests outside of their careers, so we offer perks and benefits to make work, work better for you.
- 5 weeks annual leave + sick time + holidays. Because even when your office is your living room, we all need time to unplug.
- Remotely awesome. Get $700 to level up your home office, monthly snack boxes, free Headspace access, weekly lunch funds, and $50 monthly for internet.
- Human connection. Get to know the Gurus with good times and get-togethers inspired by our values, virtual happy hours, lunchtime trivia, or socially distanced fun events.
- $1,000 USD continuing education budget. All Gurus get $250 USD a quarter to spend on personal development.
- 2 hours each week reserved for learning. Every Friday for 2 hours, we put down our normal work and spend time learning something new.
- Get certified on us. A Cloud Guru will cover the cost of sitting all industry cloud certifications.
The A Cloud Guru team has grown a lot since it was just two brothers with a dream of teaching the world to cloud! We now employ gurus in 30 states of the USA as well as in Australia and the UK. For the time being that’s as far as we can go. We won’t bore you with the details, but setting up the extra operations we would need to employ people in new states or countries is a little bit more expensive than replicating your database in another AZ, if you know what we mean. So as much as we would love to have staff in as many countries as we have students, we are only opening this role to applicants in areas we currently have operations.
What’s the interview process like at ACG?
Applying for a job can feel intimidating and like a full-time job of its own. You shouldn’t have to burn through a week of sick time or all your best out-of-office excuses just to put feelers out for a new career opportunity. It’s our goal to provide you a fair, efficient interviewing experience that respects you and your time — and to do it all with a touch of delight.
Once you submit an application, we’ll review it. If you’re a good fit, you’ll have an initial chat with a recruiter over the phone. A phone interview with a manager typically follows. Depending on your role, you might then be asked to do a little homework (but nothing too time consuming). Then we’ll schedule a Zoom call to meet other members of the team, answer any questions you have, and give you a feel for what it’s really like to work at ACG. If you're on the fence, just give it a try!
Keep being awesome, cloud gurus!