Lead UX/UI Designer
Do you want to reinvent a trillion-dollar industry?
HomeX is a radically better home services platform combining world-class technology and next generation service operations. We are reshaping the experience for both consumers and businesses in the trillion-dollar home services industry.
Being radically better requires new end-to-end solutions for both consumers and technicians. This is why HomeX is combining a technology platform for the entire industry, a managed service network, and full-service experiences for consumers. Creating this integrated ecosystem enables us to deliver uniquely simple and personalized solutions that are redefining home services.
HomeX has experienced exponential growth because of our commitment to evolve the industry, our determination to be a positive force, and our passion for groundbreaking technology. Joining HomeX now is a once in a lifetime career opportunity for anyone passionate about making a difference and making history in consumer technology.
Note: All HomeX offices are currently closed due to the coronavirus pandemic. As of Jan 2021, we plan to reopen offices in early Q3 and will expect most employees to work onsite at least 3-4 days per week.
About the Job
HomeX is seeking an accomplished, extremely versatile, and customer-obsessed UX/UI Lead and Visual Designer to join the HomeX Design team based out of our Toronto offices. This position will require you to be flexible and adaptable enough to work on both product and marketing initiatives, so you’ll need to be comfortable moving between these two design disciplines.
The right candidate for this role values partnership, is customer-obsessed, and is always looking to push the envelope in creating differentiated experiences, while also being dedicated to operational excellence to ensure we can deliver.
- Ideation: Partner with product and business stakeholders to zero in on the problems and goals that will define HomeX in the market.
- UX Development: Create and work from user stories to map efficient, enjoyable customer journeys from problem to resolution.
- Validation: Use analytical thinking, best practices and research to inform and justify decisions, followed by collaborating with various teams, conducting A|B testing to optimize performance.
- UI Design: Translate UX concepts into beautiful, engaging and user-focused UI designs, working within a cohesive design system and collaborating with engineers to achieve fidelity to your vision.
- Go to Market: Collaborate on strategy with the Marketing group, then lead the design of assets needed to drive customer engagement in the market.
- Creative Leadership: This is an individual contributor role, but is a senior position within the Design team and organization - you will be expected to inspire the Design team to do their best work, while providing mentorship and maintaining brand consistency.
- Well Rounded: Be a jack-of-all trades, capable of leading design efforts across many disciplines.
- Empathetic: Be able to put yourself in the end-users’ shoes. Understanding their needs, mindset and pain points is the foundation of creating a UX that they will be happy to return to again and again.
- Team-Oriented: You excel at collaborating across the company, including with Business, Marketing, and Engineering teams as well as your fellow Product Managers & Designers.
- A Believer: You understand that technology can simplify, delight and enhance our lives and hope to build transformative innovation as your career.
- Startup Mentality: You thrive in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment where you balance multiple projects and can prioritize your work both short and long term.
- Driven: You are motivated to achieve success both at work and in your personal life.
- Forward-Thinking: You are constantly looking for new and better ways to do things. You also follow trends in the market with an interest in what might come next.
- Courageous: You think big and aren’t afraid to fail.
- 5+ Years of related, full-time experience
- Portfolio demonstrates expertise in both UX/UI product design and marketing design
- Comfortable working with design systems in Figma or Sketch
- Proficiency in Adobe CC
- Experience working in fast-paced, start-up environments
- Graphic design experience
- Video editing capabilities
Why work with us?
Working at HomeX means collaborating with experienced, people-first leaders with a clear vision and a track record of success, as well as the close-knit camaraderie of a team of highly talented and motivated coworkers. We offer a collaborative, positive working environment where we encourage employees to balance productivity with the need to recharge the batteries. And of course, you get paid pretty well - we offer competitive compensation packages, including equity, performance-based incentives and competitive benefits for full time employees.
HomeX values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible work environment. We thank all candidates who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you require accommodation, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.