Documentation & UX Writer
Contrast Security is the world’s leading provider of security technology that enables software applications to protect themselves against cyberattacks, heralding the new era of self-protecting software. Contrast's patented deep security instrumentation is the breakthrough technology that enables highly accurate assessment and always-on protection of an entire application portfolio, without disruptive scanning or expensive security experts.
Only Contrast has sensors that work actively inside applications to uncover vulnerabilities, prevent data breaches, and secure the entire enterprise from development, to operations, to production. At Contrast, you will find an environment where innovation and success come from creative collaboration. For those who meet these standards, there is no better place to work than Contrast Security.
About The Position
At Contrast, we make application security smart and simple for software teams. We are looking for product documentation and UX writer to help us evolve our technical documentation and product language into a thoughtful learning experience for our users.
The Documentation and UX Writer will both manage help system content for Contrast Security and create application labels and messaging in the UI. They will gather, write, and edit content that gives users a strong learning experience in our enterprise software. Because words are designed, too. As part of the UX team, you bring a user-centered focus to make our documentation and product language match the expectations and needs of our intended audiences. You are a strong communicator and experienced at organizing information. You are comfortable with tools and techniques for presenting text, images, and other help content formats effectively and managing these assets.
- Collaborate well with the UX team, product managers, and engineers to create and maintain a world-class learning experience for Contrast products
- Partner with subject matter experts across the company to deeply learn our products
- Research user needs and test your work
- Leverage your experience with enterprise products and the challenges in helping people understand and use them
- Publish and maintain user help and release documentation on a rigorous schedule
- Craft concise, clear product copy to meet product goals and user needs
- Use and promote design thinking principles
- Be familiar with Agile workflow and unafraid of Github, Jira, Bitbucket, and developer-centric methods for managing tasks
- Create, share, and maintain style guides and content strategy. Embrace a “plain language,” human-centered approach.
- 3+ years writing and organizing Web-based help systems and product copy
- Writing samples to share that show your style and approach. We must have samples or we cannot consider your application
- Experience writing for highly technical users like software developers
- BA/BS or MA/MS in Communication, English, Information Science, HCI, or related discipline (or relevant experience)
- Experience documenting complex software products that support integrations
- Experience with API documentation
- Experience using Paligo for documentation writing and workflow
- Some design training or experience
- Comfortable using Figma or other tools for illustrating content and ideas
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation
- Daily in-office team lunches (when offices are open)
- Meaningful stock plans
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Flexible paid time off
We are changing the world of software security. Do it with us.
We believe in what we do and are passionate about helping our customers secure their business. We work hard, and we have fun doing it.
Solve the impossible.
Easy = boring.
If you’re looking for a fun work environment and like a challenge, you’ll love Contrast Security.
If you're amazing but missing some of the requirements, we'd love for you to apply anyway.
Contrast Security is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Contrast Security is an equal opportunity employer and our team is comprised of individuals from many diverse backgrounds, lifestyles, and locations.
By submitting your application, you are providing Personal Information about yourself (cover letter, resume, email address, etc.) and hereby give your consent for Contrast Security, Inc. and/or our HR-related Service Providers, to use this information for the purpose of processing, evaluating and responding to your application for current and future career opportunities. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area or are applying for a position in the European Economic Area, Contrast’s Privacy Statement reflects our policies around compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and your rights respective to GDPR as a California resident, you are entitled to certain rights under CCPA: The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) will go into effect on January 1, 2020. Under CCPA, businesses must be overtly transparent about the personal information they collect, use, and store on California residents. CCPA also gives employees, applicants, independent contractors, emergency contacts and dependents (“CA Employee”) new rights to privacy.