Contrast Security is the world’s leading provider of security technology that enables software applications to protect themselves against cyberattacks, heralding the new era of self-protecting software. Contrast's patented deep security instrumentation is the breakthrough technology that enables highly accurate assessment and always-on protection of an entire application portfolio, without disruptive scanning or expensive security experts.
Only Contrast has sensors that work actively inside applications to uncover vulnerabilities, prevent data breaches, and secure the entire enterprise from development, to operations, to production. At Contrast, you will find an environment where innovation and success come from creative collaboration. For those who meet these standards, there is no better place to work than Contrast Security.
About The Position
At Contrast, we make application security smart and simple for software teams. We are looking for our first, dedicated UX researcher to help us better understand our users and support more strategic decisions.
The UX researcher will discover and communicate user needs and behaviors to help our product teams make sustainable, evidence-based product decisions. You will plan and conduct user research to surface insights early in product planning. Later, you will review concepts with users to assure we are going the right direction and, finally, support usability testing to confirm we have the details right.
We’d also love to add a person to the team who knows and cares about usage analytics and other quantitative metrics we can use to measure success or spot unmet needs. As part of the UX team, you bring a user-centered focus to make our products meet the expectations and needs of our intended audiences, as well as drive stronger product strategy and empathy for the user within our teams. You are a storyteller and enjoy working with UX leads, product managers, and engineers on user research needs.
- Always advocate for the user
- Leverage your experience working with enterprise products and highly technical users
- Collaborate well with UX designers, product managers, and engineers on research needs and activities for their products or across products
- Plan and conduct qualitative and quantitative user research for multiple products or major initiatives
- Surface and share user insights and actionable recommendations in ways that engage and communicate well, like findings reports, personas, mental models, flows, experience maps, storyboards, or sketches
- Translate findings into product opportunities
- Create and share processes and best practices to build our research discipline
- Promote research findings and insights across Contrast
- 3+ years of experience in user research for enterprise software
- Case studies or a portfolio to share that shows your research approach and examples of your work. We cannot consider your application without this
- Comfortable with a range of methods that cover both qualitative and quantitative needs, such as surveys, interviews, workflow analysis, concept testing, co-design, and heuristic analysis
- Able to cover the full range of research activities: screen and recruit participants, schedule sessions, collect data, analyze for patterns, and share findings
- Experience planning and running usability testing
- BA/BS in Sociology, Psychology, Anthropology, Information Science, HCI, or related discipline (or relevant experience)UX design training or experience, including prototyping.
- Comfortable using Figma or other tools for illustrating visual ideas
- Familiar with Pendo and user analytics approaches to understanding behavior
- Experience with unmoderated usability testing or A/B testing
- Application security or cybersecurity product experience
Nice to have
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation
- Daily in-office team lunches (when offices are open)
- Meaningful stock plans
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Flexible paid time off
We are changing the world of software security. Do it with us.
We believe in what we do and are passionate about helping our customers secure their business.
We work hard, and we have fun doing it.
Solve the impossible. Easy = boring.
If you’re looking for a fun work environment and like a challenge, you’ll love Contrast Security.
If you're amazing but missing some of the requirements, we'd love for you to apply anyway.
Contrast Security is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Contrast Security is an equal opportunity employer and our team is comprised of individuals from many diverse backgrounds, lifestyles, and locations.
By submitting your application, you are providing Personal Information about yourself (cover letter, resume, email address, etc.) and hereby give your consent for Contrast Security, Inc. and/or our HR-related Service Providers, to use this information for the purpose of processing, evaluating and responding to your application for current and future career opportunities. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area or are applying for a position in the European Economic Area, Contrast’s Privacy Statement reflects our policies around compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and your rights respective to GDPR as a California resident, you are entitled to certain rights under CCPA: The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) will go into effect on January 1, 2020. Under CCPA, businesses must be overtly transparent about the personal information they collect, use, and store on California residents. CCPA also gives employees, applicants, independent contractors, emergency contacts and dependents (“CA Employee”) new rights to privacy.