Thank you for your interest in joining the Yieldstreet team! Our mission is to empower people by helping them realize their next level, and we remain committed to supporting our employees, investors, and community during the COVID-19 pandemic. Here are some of the ways we've been responding to the crisis.
About the role
At Yieldstreet, we have an investor first approach. Our design, product and engineering teams work together to enhance the experience of investors to deliver on Yieldstreet’s vision.
We’re opening our first User Experience Researcher (UXR) position to help everyone focus more on the investors. In this role, you will create understanding and empathy around user needs, stated and unstated, for the entire organization, while working closely with designers, product managers, and marketers. You will do so by conducting primary research, exploring the behaviors and motivations of our users through methods like interviews, surveys, usability testing, and quantitative data analysis.
Your research will help us create useful, usable, and delightful new products and features for our customers as well as continually innovating on our existing products. You’ll inspire change at all stages of product development by delivering compelling, written, in-person and visual presentations on your findings. You’ll work closely with the design and product teams to prioritize improvement as a result of your findings. As the first UXR hire at Yieldstreet, you will be responsible for both developing and executing our research strategy and evangelizing research across the organization.
We have a small team of product designers who are passionate about delivering an intuitive and simple experience for complex investment products. We work collaboratively to solve complex challenges and craft experiences that highlight our products’ unique capabilities. We view this role as a key component to achieving our ambitious product experience goals.
What you’ll do:
- Conduct independent research on multiple aspects of products and experiences.
- Collect and analyze user behavior through a variety of quantitative and qualitative research methods, including: surveys, studies, user interviews, focus groups, benchmark studies, competitive analysis, website analytics, A/B testing, etc.
- Synthesize the research findings into actionable insights by working closely with the design and product teams developing personas, user journeys, flows, sitemaps, etc.
- Work with designers, product managers, and marketers to prioritize research opportunities in a growth environment.
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research.
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and in-person presentations.
- Develop a deep understanding of the psychology of money and investing as it relates to our product, and effectively distill it back to the broader organization
What you’ll need:
- MS/BS degree in Anthropology, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Human Factors, Psychology, Sociology, or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of relevant work experience within User Experience, Human-Computer Interaction, applied research setting, and/or product research and development.
- Experience answering meaningful and impactful consumer product questions using a variety of quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with a knack for storytelling.
- Proficiency in communicating user research findings to drive impact.
- Strong understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development process.
- Detail oriented and self motivated to work independently on a variety of tasks.
- Financial services industry experience is ideal.
Yieldstreet is building the largest global digital wealth management platform to change the way wealth is created. With an investor-first approach, our investor community builds a diversified portfolio of investments outside of the stock market to generate passive income. Yieldstreet is giving unprecedented access to asset classes such as Real Estate, Marine, Legal, Art & Commercial. We’re headquartered in New York City with offices in Brazil, Argentina, Malta and Greece.
We offer an attractive market compensation and benefits package including a stock option plan, health, dental & vision benefits, life insurance, unlimited paid vacation, sabbatical and paid holidays and that's before you even step in the office!
This is an opportunity to work with a group of diverse, smart, and friendly people from 8 different countries who speak a total of 17 different languages. Our team is composed of successful entrepreneurs with combined exits of over $1B, and we continue to stay social during the pandemic with virtual social hours, exercise classes, meditation sessions, recipe sharing and so much more! While we are currently working remotely due to COVID-19, we're located in a beautiful new office in Midtown Manhattan and our building is close to most major subway lines.
Yieldstreet is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.