Junior Digital Product Designer
Everything we do is to empower our clients to move forward. Great technology companies are built on incredible design, engineering and strategy working in unison, operating at the very heart of an organisation and its audience. Enabling organisations to become great technology companies is our mission, and our promise to our clients.
We aim to leave them with the mindset, tools, skills and expertise they need to go beyond their own expectations, revolutionise their sectors, and for us to be proud of the change we create with them and their customers.
Our purpose is to help our clients develop the capabilities they need to outperform their competitors.
Our success is a consequence of ensuring our clients are successful.
Our company is built on extraordinary people; we aim to attract, inspire, develop and retain them.
We have offices in London, Lisbon, Porto.
We’re looking for a Junior Digital Product Designer with a keen eye for aesthetics and details, based in Portugal to join our Design team. The role is on a full time basis for an initial six months period with the possibility and intention to become permanent. The ideal person is someone who can bring their drive, passion and curiosity for the design discipline to our work and process, and is happy to work fully remote, at least for now.
Though we appreciate that your professional experience of Digital Product Design might be limited, we expect that you have evidently strong UX / UI and Visual Design skills coupled with a successful background in a similar field, such as Graphic Design, Communications & Multimedia or another related area, and that you are comfortably familiar with a combination of these disciplines.
To substitute any lack of professional experience in Digital Products, we strongly support that you have some kind of official UX / UI training, and that you are equipped with a transferable skill set that you confidently draw strength from.
Being aware of, and maybe to some extent even familiar with Product Strategy and Service Design is a big advantage, but your core skills and real strength really sits in UX / UI and Visual Design. Naturally you will show great potential to grow and progress even further.
Experience in Marketing Design and /or Video animation would be a great benefit, though not essential. Fluent in English is mandatory. Immediate availability is a bonus, but our main focus is to find the right candidate.
About the Role
For an extensive initial period your first project will be working closely with our Marketing Team to support the development and execution of the company’s marketing plan in what concerns the design and corporate communications across multiple channels, though mainly on our website.
As a Digital Product Designer at YLD, we expect that you have the ability to;
- understand the importance and implementation of User Research to support ideas and concepts;
- combine interfaces and workflows to enhance user experience;
- conceptualise, create and produce design solutions for digital experiences across many platforms and touch points;
- clearly communicate your design decisions to fellow designers, as well as stakeholders;
- proficiently use digital design tools to create and present your designs - we are tool agnostic, but you will be given an Adobe Creative Cloud license (Photoshop, Illustrator and XD) as well as access to Sketch and Figma;
- work with cross-functional teams;
- work collaboratively in design and prototyping workshops;
- work methodically and meet deadlines;
Working and collaborating closely with our Marketing Manager and the marketing team as an integral part of every stage of the creative process, we expect that you have the ability to;
- understand and evaluate an existing design style, as well as replicate and build upon it to develop guidelines with a strong and cohesive visual identity;
- use your creativity to communicate a brand’s key messages;
- produce work that will promote the YLD brand and services to attract our target audiences; where necessary, support the development and creative execution of promotional materials for various campaign, including internal and external events;
What we'd like to see from you:
- A portfolio (pdf, presentation or website) demonstrating critical thinking, creativity and visual design;
- CV outlining any professional experience and creative training / education, incl. any kind of official UX / UI training that you may have;
- All written documents must be sent in English;
What you can expect as part of the Design team at YLD
- you will be joining a great working environment where you will be surrounded by creative people with a strong company culture of innovation and team spirit;
- have the support of our more experienced and senior team members for regular check-ins, reviews, feedback sessions and knowledge sharing;
- have a 1 to 1 with your LM every two weeks to support your development and personal growth, discuss progress and set goals for what you’d like to achieve;