Build the Smarter Way to Shop!
ShopBack, the #1 rewards and discovery platform in Asia-Pacific, enables shoppers across the region to shop ‘The Smarter Way”. It is a one-stop rewards and discovery platform for users to earn cashback, while delivering performance-based marketing to merchants. First launched in Singapore in 2014, ShopBack has since expanded its reach to Malaysia, Indonesia, the Philippines, Thailand, Taiwan, Australia, and more recently, Vietnam and Korea. In Singapore, the company has also extended its service offering with ShopBack GO, an app-based rewards platform for in-store shopping, dining, and entertainment. We are a passionate team that wants to drive innovation and build a product that we love and are all proud of!
ShopBack partners with over 3,000 merchants including Taobao, Expedia, Shopee, ZALORA to reward its users with cashback across a wide range of categories including general merchandise, travel bookings, fashion, health and beauty, groceries, and food delivery. To date, US$100m in cashback has been awarded to our over 20 million users.
We have global ambitions and are up against international incumbents in a rapidly emerging field! We are expanding our existing team and are looking for passionate talent across APAC to be part of this exciting journey. If you are inspired to take up new challenges and leave a mark on the e-commerce landscape, then come and be part of our growing ShopBack Family!
ShopBack is a rapidly growing digital loyalty and discovery platform, with a clear mission to create a world of Smarter Shoppers. We are a passionate team that wants to drive innovation and build a product that we love and are all proud of! We are seeking a highly insightful UX Researcher who wants to join a diverse and talented team with great ambitions to impact the eCommerce landscape. If you are a strong team player who takes pride in being the advocate for user-centered design, strives to solve hard problems by asking and finding the answers to meaningful and impactful questions, join us!
- Drive and execute ShopBack’s product research strategy across our web, app and browser extension products for 9 markets
- Develop scalable systems, processes, research repo, and tools that will enable all teams in the company to gather user and customer feedback and respond to them
- Work closely with product managers and designers (and other internal partners) to conduct discovery and evaluative research efforts for customer understanding and design validation. This includes:
- Choosing research methodologies. Planning logistics for user research, including recruiting and scheduling of users.
- Coming up with the right questions to learn about the users and validate the designs for the research. Preparing the research set up and travelling to meet users in person locally and to other countries where ShopBack operates in.
- Synthesizing and analysing findings into actionable improvements for ShopBack’s products
- Deliver user personas, behavior patterns, and other user insights using qualitative and quantitative data
- Build and advocate in the company a strong culture of user-centered design
- Minimum 5 years of professional user research experience
- Experience working with product teams
- Experience with qualitative research methods: user interview, usability testing, contextual inquiry, card sorting, focus groups, etc.
- Experience in using mixed methods of qualitative and quantitative research
- Knowledge in data analytics. Experience in using data analytics to inform your hypotheses and validate your actionable insights.
- Fluent in English
- Experience in running design workshops would be a plus