At Plaid, we're convinced that the way people interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. We’re dedicated to empowering this transformation by building the tools and experiences that thousands of developers use to create their own products.
About our team
The design team at Plaid is made up of service designers, interaction designers, writers, visual designers and researchers who work hand in hand with our peers in marketing, product management and engineering to create Plaid’s market defining products.
What you’ll do here
We’re looking for an experienced researcher to join our Consumer Experience team, establishing a relationship with consumers, focusing on privacy and helping Plaid bring added value to people’s lives. You will help us define our consumer experience by bringing research insights to life for product and design partners, stakeholders across go-to-market teams, and those interfacing with financial institutions. You will be helping Plaid make the financial ecosystem accessible for everyone.
What excites you
- Giving people more control over their financial lives
- A fast-paced, product-minded culture that moves rapidly from planning and executing user research, to ideating and concepting
- Working with our user facing financial product, helping optimize it in places and expand it in others, to meet the needs of our end-users
- Prioritizing research opportunities while closely collaborating with engineering, product management, and business teams on strategy, from definition to execution
- A design culture where talking to customers sits at the forefront of every project
- Advocating research insights to diverse audiences through various mediums
- Contributing to building our research culture by empowering more people to do evaluative research with guardrails, and advancing strategic research roadmap, and sharing about your process and best practices
What excites us
- Being a tireless advocate for users and user-centered processes
- 4-6 years experience in UX research or related field
- A diverse portfolio of projects demonstrating your research in tackling complex problem areas
- Strong understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the design process
- An avid story-teller, skilled in effectively communicating their process and design decisions with an understanding for business impact
- A senior or lead level researcher with experience working on digital product teams, with multiple stakeholders across the organization, and influencing product strategy
- An appetite for interdisciplinary collaboration and experience working on fast-paced emerging product teams
- Ability to communicate and contribute ideas across all levels of design
- Relevant experience in the Financial Technology industry is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.