UX Content Manager
We’re a rapidly growing UX team focused on crafting innovative end-to-end experiences for millions of customers around the globe. Our work and vision define Qualtrics as the Experience Management (XM) company.
We’re looking for our first Sr. UX Content Manager to help lead, develop, and strengthen the messaging across our products and experiences. You’ll have a seat at the table (along with leadership from Design, Research, and Data Science) to chart the course of the org and the discipline of Content Strategy at Qualtrics, manage the existing team of writers, contribute at an individual level with your exceptional UX content strategy and writing skills, help staff up the team, create a human-centered culture in the office, and ensure UX writing coverage across all our global studios.
Your UX vision sees 2-3 years into the future and evolves by listening to customers and ideating ground breaking solutions. You place content at the top of the funnel, and drive product through narratives that make for effective and delightful experiences. You’ll work with your team to make key investment and prioritization decisions to execute against our multi-year product and company vision.
Leading collaboration across UX teams, software development, product management, and product marketing, you create fluid, intuitive user experiences that scale seamlessly across desktop, native mobile, and push into paradigms such as voice.
A day in the life
- Meet with other UX leaders to align strategy, prioritization, and resources.
- Promote UX writing and content design at Qualtrics and in the broader design and content communities.
- Mentor your team and grow individual writer careers and bodies of work.
- Participate in recruiting and ensure that your team is resourced and allocated appropriately.
- Spend time with a customer learning from them what would make Qualitics fluidly integrate into their workflow and improve the quality of their work. Bring your team along with you to grow their customer empathy.
- Attend a UX team critique - set the standard on how work is presented that inspires your team.
- Translate data from a usability study and translate it into concrete content strategy improvements and get them prioritized into sprint planning.
- Integrate the latest standards in interaction design and trends in user design into the product creating the most intuitive and easy to use enterprise product in the market.
- Craft simple and human copy for a new personalized feature.
- Drive alignment on voice and tone.
- Anticipate customer needs by working with the Research team.
- Analyze a UX study and update product copy.
- Improve how customers self-serve by rewriting help copy based on our customer service organization.
You're a customer advocate, you grow and mentor other writers, and you live to see your content experiences in products. You have a clear history of crafting user experiences for web applications and websites that inspire brand loyalty. You have a proven track record of rigorously applying user-centered design processes and methodologies to product development and are enthusiastic about solving complex user interface problems.
- 8 plus years as an UX writer, content designer, or content strategist.
- Experience leading teams of 3+ writers.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Marketing/Communications, or related field.
- Have shipped and maintained multiple products and features with an online portfolio that showcases this work.
- Ability to work cross functionally and influence partners with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of web accessibility principles and experience in building for accessibility.
- Knowledge of localization principles as they relate to content.
- Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Figma and Sketch.