Senior UX/UI Designer
We are a hypothesis driven organization with mission teams to drive our execution. As a UX/UI designer, you will help design and develop our software applications and advance our internal design system.
We are looking for a Senior UX/UI Designer to provide creative and technical expertise within the UX Design practice. We’re looking for candidates that think beyond just interfaces and apps and want to work across multiple touch points. The ideal candidate is a passionate, energetic, and hands-on designer who has previously worked with agile teams preferably in a highly operational industry.
This role reports directly to the Director of Product Management, and embedded in each of our mission teams.
As a UX/UI designer, a typical day might include the following:
- Enhancing our design system by building components, collaborating in the design process, and contributing to the system’s architectural decisions
- Be a constant advocate for collaboration as well as act as a bridge between design, engineering and all our stakeholders
- Partnering with mission teams by instilling holistic thinking and end-to-end product design for new projects
- Leading user studies by defining key research questions and objectives, identifying appropriate methods, and synthesizing data and research into actionable insights and design recommendations
You may be who we’re looking for if you excel at:
- Mixing creative and technical skills:
- High proficiency in Figma or Adobe XD (or any similar design/prototyping platforms)
- An exceptional portfolio showcasing 4-6 years of experience across both web and mobile. Your portfolio should show creative, user-centered solutions, with demonstrated strength in visual design, brand, and information architecture
- Communication and openness. An inspiring, engaging and clear communication style, with an ability to communicate your ideas through design artifacts, written documents, or presentations to gain alignment with our mission teams. You're also always open to creative feedback and happy to present work to others.
- People skills. No matter if you’re an introvert or extrovert, you have a desire and willingness to work in a collaborative, innovative, and cross-functional environment. You respect everyone you work with.
- Empathy. You should excel in both quantitative and qualitative research. Experience in conducting user interviews and knowledge of various qualitative UX research methodologies is a must.
- Self-starting. You’re not only adaptable, but also a resourceful self-starter with the inquisitiveness and hunger for optimization and problem solving. If you see a problem, you fix it.
- Curiosity. You always keep abreast of new technology, design trends and emerging UI patterns.
Why Work Here
- Competitive Salary, Bonus, and Equity
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Flexible vacations and holidays
- Remote days
- Be involved with shaping our organization from the ground up
Who We Are
Dray Alliance is a venture-backed company on a mission to transform the trucking and logistics industry, starting with drayage. Our technology simplifies the antiquated process of moving containers across short distances, with focus on port and rail moves.
We are on an exciting journey to modernize the logistics and trucking industry, and we are looking for humble, analytical, and passionate people to join us.
Our business grew at a rapid pace in 2020, and we are searching for a UX/UI designer to build and scale product offerings (for truckers, shippers, and other stakeholders).