Are you intrigued by the thought of disrupting a trillion dollar industry through technology? At Torii, we’ve reimagined the entire home-buying process from search to close, combining a seamless mobile platform with an exceptional customer experience. We make buying a home, often the largest financial transaction in a person's life, different than it has ever been before: easy, personalized, and stress-free. Torii is profitable, growing fast, and backed by an impressive group of investors. With COVID-19, the world is changing, and real estate is no exception. The coming years present a tremendous opportunity for innovation as we scale nationwide.
About The Role
As a UI/UX designer at Torii, you will be an integral part of a team reinventing one of the largest industries in the world. You will have the unique opportunity to work on building out our core product as we expand, while collaborating with leadership across the entire company. The role will focus on optimizing our existing user interface as well as designing new features and user experiences. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design and be able to transform high-level requirements into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
At Torii You Will
- Design and develop UI components/assets for website and mobile app (iOS and Android)
- Collaborate closely with the product team to develop concepts and wireframes and execute best practice design and UI/UX treatments
- Capture all states, edge-cases, and path logic for UI mock-ups and interactive prototypes
- Work with full stack developers through the development phase to ensure high-quality implementation
- Maintain the continuity of company brand/style across multiple platforms and environments (i.e. responsive web)
What We're Looking For
- Online portfolio of work on which you were the primary/sole designer
- High proficiency with design and prototyping tools: Sketch, Figma, InVision Studio, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in designing usable consumer app interfaces (iOS and Android)
- Collaborative mindset - you thrive in cross-functional environments and have worked with leadership, product, sales and marketing to craft innovative product interface solutions
- Creative, out-of-the-box thinker, with a passion for solving problems and delighting users through elegant design
- Superior organizational skills, with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment, handling multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Self-starter attitude with proven ability to uncover and solve problems with minimal supervision
- 4-year degree or equivalent experience
Why You’ll Love Torii
- Receive meaningful equity in a profitable early-stage startup
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited vacation (we care more about you getting your work done than when or how it happens)
- Become part of a small, but scrappy team of forward-thinking self-starters
Torii is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining exceptional people, and to creating an inclusive and diverse workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Torii are considered without regard to gender, race, age, etc., including all classes with protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. Come as you are!