Senior UX Researcher
Apply Here For Expedited Consideration If You Are Being Directed to a Third Party Site: https://matterport.com/careers/
Matterport is the industry leader in 3D capture and spatial data with a mission to digitize and index the built world, and advance the way people interact with the places they inhabit and explore. Matterport’s all-in-one 3D data platform enables anyone to turn a physical space into an immersive digital twin and share it with others to connect and collaborate in 3D. The Matterport platform helps thousands of customers in 130+ countries realize the full potential of a space at every stage of its lifecycle including planning, construction, appraisal, marketing and operations.
With funding from a group of stellar VCs and investors, we are transforming how we experience the built world!
Matterport is looking for our first user experience researcher to help us evolve our product offerings. As the first researcher, this person will not only make a big impact on the product, but will help define the role itself. To start, they will focus on specific product areas and will be responsible for identifying opportunities and conducting research to frame and improve our experiences. They will partner with our Design, Product and Customer facing teams to uncover and articulate our customer needs, experiences and expectations of Matterport products and services.
The ideal candidate has a passion and intuition for customers, strong communication skills, and the ability to focus on big experience initiatives at the same time as crucial details. They will be an advocate for our customers embedded into our design, product, and engineering teams to enable Matterport to deliver experiences that become essential to our customers. This person is comfortable presenting and articulating design reasoning with stakeholders and working closely with product and customer teams to develop and execute testing plans.
- Identify research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Develop research plans collaboratively with design, product, engineering, and customer facing teams
- Lead research projects from start to finish, conducting research yourself and enabling product teams to get involved
- Identify the best research method for a given problem and determine a realistic scope based on the project goals and timeline
- Plan and conduct qualitative or quantitative research, such as in-depth interviews or surveys, to deeply understand Matterport’s customers
- Identify appropriate research candidates, recruit them, and conduct studies
- Deliver actionable insights that are well-reasoned and presented with a high degree of quality
- Communicate insights and advocate for the voice of the customer to diverse audiences across the company
- Champion research within the organization
- Enable others to conduct their own research and make customer-centric decisions
- 5+ years conducting and leading user experience research in a fast-paced environment - ideally in a SaaS business
- A strong portfolio of research deliverables that are both actionable and visually refined that drove product decisions
- Experience collaborating on new products or features from conception to launch
- A deep understanding of research methodologies and the ability to select the best method for a given task
- A thorough understanding of broad HCI concepts and principles
- Experience collaborating effectively across functions
- Experience improving and scaling research practices across an organization enabling others to conduct their own research
- Clear and concise communicator, as well as an engaging storyteller
Matterport is an equal opportunity employer.