UX/UI Web Designer
ARE YOU LOOKING...
- To make a difference at the fastest growing company in America?
- For exemplary benefits and significant equity grants?
- To bring your dog to work, to have an executive chef prepare your lunch every day or enjoy unlimited vacation days?
- Forward to being a maverick in a highly-disruptive, celebrity-owned tech/communications company?
- To simply have a ton of fun?
You are not dreaming. This is a dream company to work for and we are located right here in OC.
WE ARE MINT MOBILE
We connect people to what’s most important in their lives: Easily, affordably and reliably. We strive to be California’s Preeminent Destination Employer. Oh yeah, we get it too! We understand what matters to you most. You’re an individual with unique needs, and we’re prepared to exceed any expectations you have for an ideal employer.
We’re smart, strategic, and get things done without a lot of red tape or unnecessary politics. Everyone matters here and everyone has a voice. Expect to spend your time contributing to projects that really matter. We obsess over the employee experience. To start, we provide some of the most competitive salary, benefits, family leave, vacation, retirement and equity options in Southern California. We believe in you and invest in you. Not just your career aspirations, but your life.
In addition, we’ve got a laundry list of perks you’ll brag about on insta -- Lunch every day prepared by our very own chef, healthy snacks, onsite gym, free massages, car wash services, and most importantly, a team atmosphere. We even raise the bar on well bars, including Espresso/Cappuccino/Nitro/Cold Brew/Kombucha Bar, Froyo Bar, Breakfast Bar, Snack Bar and a, well, you know, bar (after 5 pm).
And if you feel intrigued right now reading, imagine the co-workers we have already attracted. This is the kind of team you’ll want to take home to mom or invite to your kid’s next birthday party. This is the kind of close-knit community happening here. Come check out how you can be part of Mint!
ABOUT THE ROLE
As UX/UI Web designer, you are not afraid of a blank whiteboard – in fact it excites you. You’re confident and know exactly what’s needed to get a concept to the next great launch. Whether you’re pushing the pixels yourself, or working with a team, your standards for delivering on brand goals are unwavering. You work as a team player and recognize the value of differing perspectives, which allows you to approach problem solving with an open mind.
This position is perfect for a skilled and experienced UX/UI designer with a wide range of work experience across digital mediums, web based responsive apps and web pages, and e-commerce websites.
Your usual day of awesomeness includes:
- Conceptualize and create web pages that directly influence conversion for two brands.
- Integrate content into your designs for optimized A/B tests and usability testing.
- Own your own projects from conception to completion.
- Collaborate with Designers, Copywriters, Developers, Project Managers and the UX/UI Design Director and Creative Director to ensure adherence to business requirements and UI/UX design specifications.
- Embrace an iterative approach to projects and work with cross function teams in an agile manner.
- Work within a Design System Manager (DSM).
- Present your work and ideas to the team and key stakeholders.
- Make sure all interactions are intuitive and easy for customer use.
- Create rough sketches, wireframe layouts and high-fidelity mockups that visualize concepts and provide an accurate, graphical user interface representation.
- Maintain brand consistency throughout all projects.
- Design for digital (web, social, banner ads, etc.).
- Stay up-to-date with industry developments and tools, competitive and complementary products and experiences.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Graphic/Web Design, User Experience Design or Human-Computer Interaction Design.
- 3-5 years of responsive web design experience based around e-commerce.
- Ability to empathize with a user’s needs and/or pain-points and provide a solution to make their experience perfect.
- Expert knowledge of visual and user-centered design principles along with iconography skills, typography, color theory, layout and digital image preparation.
- Expert knowledge of modern UI patterns, elements, interactions and responsive web design.
- Ability to negotiate and articulate the "why" of design decisions. You'll need to convince others, disagree with confidence, and take and give straightforward feedback.
- Experience with the concepting, designing, and implementing final artwork into a visual product.
- High proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision. After Effects or ProtoPie is a plus.
- Ability to create site maps and map out user journeys.
- Ability to create and demonstrate UI micro-animations and transitions.
- Strong portfolio with examples of functional website designs.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills to interact effectively with a variety of team members.
- Strong time management skills for working in and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Ability to handle multiple small to large projects simultaneously without sacrificing quality.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of SEO optimization.
- Understanding of e-commerce best practices.
OUR VALUES – LET’S MAKE LIFE ULTRA TOGETHER!
- Ownership: We are all owners; be the outcome and get the job done.
- Action Biased: Be brilliant, proactive, and act with urgency.
- Embrace the Adventure: Be agile, adaptive, and thrive on change.
- Invent and Simplify: Never accept good enough.
$1,000 REFERRAL BONUS
Take a look at this job description, if you are the right person, please apply. If Mint Mobile doesn't appear to be a fit for you, refer a friend or colleague and get $1,000. Just send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with 1) your name and 2) their resume or link to their LinkedIn page. If we hire them and they stay for 90 days, you get $1,000. For more details of restrictions and rules, please email email@example.com.