Senior Web / UX Designer
More than seven billion people depend on farms for healthy and affordable food. By 2050, the global population will surpass nine billion and farmers will need new ways to deliver on this surging demand. They’ll be seeking options that both sustain the environment and help them to be economically viable, and are increasingly turning to the world’s leading Farm Management Software (FMS), Granular.
As an organization, we are committed to delivering the most innovative and industry leading digital products that our customers will love.
The Senior Web / UX Designer is responsible for crafting compelling solutions for Granular’s customer-facing website and related digital marketing initiatives, as well as activating on users’ underlying emotional and functional needs to create compelling and successful experiences. The ideal person is an accomplished digital marketing designer with a solid understanding of visual design, web technologies, and problem-solving skills.
At Granular, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a top-tier leadership team with proven entrepreneurial expertise to reshape the $3 trillion agriculture industry. We’re growing quickly, and expanding our team. Currently, we’re operating in an employee-focused response to COVID-19, with 100% remote work until it is safe to return to the office. We’re looking for proactive, intellectual, and versatile individuals to join our team to improve the lives of our farmers.
What You'll Get To Do:
- Work in a tight-knit organization with peers of widely varying skills and backgrounds
- Work directly with the marketing team to create compelling user experiences that are easy to use and fast to implement
- Work closely with developers, brand designers, product marketers, user researchers, and demand generation to create reusable design patterns
- Use recent studies and findings to establish the best overall design elements to include in UX design experiences
- Create wireframes, storyboards, sitemaps, and screen flows to demonstrate proofs of concept
- Develop and maintain design wireframes and specifications of best practices to share with the Marketing team as new projects begin
- Build storyboards to conceptualize designs to accurately convey project plans to stakeholders and senior management
- Analyze user feedback and activity, and iterating to enhance the user experience
Who You Will Do It With:
- You’ll be an integral part of Granular’s marketing team and will work cross-functionally with teams throughout the company
- This is a high visibility role with results-oriented goals and the opportunity to create a huge impact. You will set the stage for Granular to reach every professional farmer in the country and impact thousands of families and communities in the process
- You’ll bring your passion for interactive design, user experience, and big ideas for what makes an exceptional website and digital marketing
- We’re committed to your growth as a designer and opportunities abound for professional development
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of experience designing user-friendly web experiences in a fast-paced environment
- Extensive experience designing digital marketing solutions using design tools including Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite
- Extensive experience with responsive design and designing for multiple form factors
- Strong sense for high-quality user experience
- Proven experience designing websites with a focus on usability
- Excellent web design skills and attention to detail
- Experience providing meaningful design reviews/feedback; mentoring less senior team members
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present ideas clearly to team members
- Experience with human factors and user research is a plus
- Bachelors in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Information Systems or equivalent experience
Perks and Benefits:
- Upward mobility. We are growing and need talent who can take on increasingly challenging and rewarding roles
- Generous Vacation
- 401k Matching Program
- Employer sponsored Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Vision, Dental and Dependent Care FSA
- Family, Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Learning Programs and Individual Development Support
- Open floor plan and dog-friendly offices
Who We Are:
Granular is Farm Management Software (FMS) that is helping thousands of farmers to build stronger farms today and steward their lands for generations to come. Granular uniquely combines an industry-leading support team with the most recommended suite of easy-to-use powerful software to help farmers and their teams run all aspects of their farm business. From financials to agronomy to operations, farmers are now able to make data-driven decisions with greater confidence in an increasingly challenging environment.
Granular was founded in 2014 with the mission of helping farmers run more profitable and efficient business instead of maximizing bushels. Built as a collaboration between several of the most advanced family farms and top technology investors including Google Ventures, Granular is widely credited for launching the first modern, built in the cloud and mobile-centric FMS in 2014. In 2017, Corteva Agriscience acquired Granular to bring together the best technologists, scientists, and entrepreneurs from across the world with its global presence and deep resources to serve the needs of farmers through the transformative effects of digital technologies.
Today, our over 400 passionate employees are on a mission helping our customers solve their problems today and for food demands in the future by shaping agriculture through continuous innovations in farm productivity, profitability, and environmental sustainability.
Granular is San Francisco-based, with offices worldwide. Granular is an independent, wholly-owned subsidiary of Corteva Agriscience (NYSE:CTVA), a spin off of DowDuPont™. Learn more about our company and people at http://granular.ag/, Twitter, @GranularAg, and Instagram, @Granular_Ag, or facebook.com/GranularAgriculture/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.