UX Research Operations Intern
About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits and vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. We’re on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Our team is collaborative, driven, and future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, and iterating, and celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, and we get things done. We love adaptogens and cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
Daily Harvest is looking for a UX Research Operations Intern to join the Digital Product Team. The Digital Product team develops experiences and tools that delight our customers and fuel growth. We work in cross-functional "squads" to bring our mission, brand, and values to life online.
The UX Research Operations Intern will work closely with the rest of the UX Research team Culinary, Marketing, and other teams across the company to answer questions about our customers and their behaviors, perceptions, attitudes, and habits. The right candidate will be able to communicate seamlessly with research participants, as well as stakeholders of research efforts. With guidance from the research team, they will be the point of contact for research participants, and prepare them for the research session, through each stage of the research process. They will also work closely with stakeholders of research efforts to align on recruit criteria, and communicate timelines, and research objectives along the way. This is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in learning about the logistics of planning for user research efforts. At the end of the internship, they would have also had the opportunity to lead their own user research effort from recruit to presentation of findings to stakeholders.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with the research operations associate to align on recruit criteria, and goals of each research effort with stakeholders
- Work with the data team to define the recruit criteria, and the marketing team to send email blast correspondences to customers
- Recruit research participants, and communicate with participants through the entire process
- Aid in building out a research repository by tagging and labeling raw notes from existing research
- Take notes during sessions, and debriefing with researchers about key takeaways
- Assist researchers with writing Scripts for user research efforts including usability tests, conversational interviews, and others
- Support researchers with aggregating research insights, and creating detailed reports to share with stakeholders
- Opportunity to touch all stages user research process, as well as lead own user research effort
Who you are:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree (open to all majors!)
- Interested in learning about user experience research, or research operations
- Extremely organized and attentive to detail, no matter how small
- Ability to focus on the tasks at hand, while also keeping a pulse on scheduled projects weeks out
- Proficient in Google Suite: Docs, Sheets, and Slides
- Experience as a research assistant, or qualitative research in an academic setting is a plus!
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles and apply across all aspects of employment.