Senior UX Copywriter
CookUnity is the first chef-to-consumer platform, connecting a diverse group of talented chefs with food lovers to create an elevated at-home dining experience. On a quest to unlock the world’s best food creators and bring their meals to the masses, CookUnity is home to more than 30 of NYC’s most talented chefs. Through a weekly subscription, consumers can select from a robust and ever-changing menu of over 250+ handcrafted meals that cater to a wide variety of palates and dietary preferences.
Delivering more than 200,000 meals per month and growing 5x YoY, CookUnity is also helping Chefs double their income and build their own teams under their personal brands.
Believing that healthy food fuels stronger communities, CookUnity contributes to an ongoing partnership and donation with the Food Bank For New York City, the city’s major hunger-relief organization working to end food poverty across all five boroughs.
A growing startup located in Brooklyn, CookUnity reaches subscribers throughout the East Coast and Midwest, with ambitious expansion planned for 2021.
What we're looking for
We are looking for a full-time UX Writer to help create an engaging and compelling experience for food-lovers to enjoy our premium chef-to-consumer meal delivery service. This is a great opportunity for someone with experience working on consumer facing products, and who has experience in UX writing, content strategy, and influencing user experience.
The Senior UX Copywriter will work with the product and marketing leads to create easy to understand, engaging, actionable, and delightful copy and content for our unique chef-to-customer meal delivery service.
You’ll be responsible for the UX Copywriting across the digital product, user comms, and our marketing site and will work closely with the marketing team to ensure consistency in brand voice and tone. You will be reporting directly to the Head of Design, who is located in New York City.
This is a full-time hire.
- Write clear and concise user-interface content, emails, and notifications.
- Ensure a cohesive brand voice across our entire ecosystem.
- Collaborate with product and marketing teams to deliver compelling UX copywriting solutions.
- Present and rationalize work to teams and leadership.
- Use data and research to successfully test and iterate copywriting/content.
- Ensure consistent and correct messaging, taking into account regionality as we expand our service across the country.
- Manage evolving content, brand, and voice/tone standards.
- Successfully balance multiple projects and deadlines in a start-up environment.
- 4+ years of UX writing experience.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You are passionate about food, health, wellness, and the environment.
- You can build rational and can articulate solutions to complex problems.
- You have the ability to empathize with your audience and can anticipate user needs.
- You always choose clear and concise over clever and wordy to get an idea across.
- You can drive conversion via both empathy and behavioral psychology.
- You love both strategy and hands-on writing and editing.
- You’re someone who thrives in a fast-paced organization.
- You have experience writing in UX and/or marketing copywriting for food companies.
- You have design experience.
- You have leadership experience.
- You have experience in the culinary arts.
- You are fluent in reading, writing and/or speaking in Spanish.
- Health Insurance coverage
- Fitness subsidies
- Access to a nutritional coach to help you build a healthy lifestyle
- A generous amount CookUnity credits to enjoy our amazing meals, added to your account monthly
- Flexible schedule and remote work opportunities available within the calendar year
- Awesome opportunity to join a company that is looking to change how we eat and how chefs work!
If you’re interested in this role, please submit your application and if we think you might be a fit, we'll get in touch with you. Thank you for your time!