Lead Product Designer
Teladoc is looking for a Lead Product Designer who is a UX lead and expert responsible for overseeing various projects across multiple products. This role collaborates and aligns with product, content, product marketing and engineering partners, and contributes to the standardization of process and best practices.
As a Staff Product Designer, you would participate in planning, goal setting, and success metrics creation in the design team to reach and exceed 2021 defined goals and metrics. You must be passionate about the member experience, fluent in principles of design and UX best practices, accessibility, working with data and insights to inform design decisions, facilitating cross-team collaboration with product managers and developers, and collaborating with the User Research team to conduct studies at optimized times in the product cycle. This role requires both design leadership and strong hands-on design skills.
- Understand the audience to build and support a cohesive user experience across various products
- Lead, manage and produce multiple projects at different phases from inception to completion
- Understand growth and member engagement and influence growth UX across our ecosystem of products
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to build out team roadmaps by identifying and prioritizing projects that will solve user problems and business needs
- Create high quality design deliverables as needed
- Adopt, implement, influence and contribute to our Design System
- Collaborate and communicate projects and progress with other partners with transparency for clear alignment
- Estimate and plan tasks and projects and manage a backlog and roadmap for assigned projects that will solve member problems and business needs
- Plan and facilitate working sessions with various members within and outside the organization
- Present design solutions and the data/testing supporting them
- Continuously monitor the live product and work closely with engineering teammates to ensure a consistent and quality product experience
- Support a culture of learning and mentor junior designers
- Contribute to design strategy, innovation, vision and roadmap
- Contribute to building a stronger design team by process and best practices optimization
- Promote the value of design thinking
- Bachelor's degree in Interaction Design, HCI, or other related discipline or equivalent experience. Master's degree preferred
- 10+ years of experience as an interaction, user experience, or a product designer role
- Experience working in growth, registration, onboarding, funnels and conversion
- Proficiency in user research, user needs evaluation, metrics and measurements, IA, interaction design, prototyping, visual design, stakeholder management, design strategy and planning, and workshop facilitation
- Motivated self-starter comfortable working in a tech environment with fast growth and pace of change
- Knowledge and experience in Agile as well as SaaS product design
- Experience effectively presenting to executives, leadership and key stakeholders
- Ability to lead lean UX practice (rapid discovery, prototyping, testing and iteration)
- Excellent knowledge of responsive design, native iOS and Android design
- Leads and educates colleagues about emerging technologies and relevant applications of them
- Excellent written, verbal and visual communication skills to articulate concepts, feedback and rationale and promote UX led initiatives
- Kind, assertive, positive, easy to work with, team player with strong work ethics
- Strong leadership skills
- Design portfolio to demonstrate above qualifications
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare history, yet we remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.