Position: UX Designer
Start date: ASAP
We are growing BMJ's UX & Research team (Co-Lab) and have two new mid-to-senior UX Designer positions. Come and help us get a wider understanding of user needs to design and develop products that healthcare practitioners love. Join us and you’ll make a significant contribution to BMJ’s vision of ‘Creating a healthier world’.
Both UX Designers will lead on UCD thinking and UX activities to ensure our products and services are created with end-users’ and customers’ input at each stage of the development process.
One of the roles will focus on BMJ’s journals, continuing to make our research more open and improving its reach and impact. This role will involve innovation and collaboration with users and partners.
The other role will have UX responsibility for BMJ Best Practice, our flagship digital product, covering continuous improvement, new avenues of value and the award-winning app.
We are looking for people who can solve problems using data, research and experience testing with an understanding of front-end and design concepts to create engaging experiences that are commercially successful.
- Promote a user-centred design (UCD) approach to support BMJ’s portfolio, drawing on the necessary UX methods and tools relevant to any given project
- Take complex requirements and create conceptual designs and user journeys to solve usability issues and customer problems
- Plan and conduct user research and usability testing for gathering insight on user needs and behaviours, both face-to-face and remotely.
- Challenge ‘inside-out’ thinking and the “we’ve always done it this way” attitude.
- Facilitate multidisciplinary teams to identify and understand market/user problems
- Ensure products are designed and developed accessibly and inclusively
- Present progress on projects and research findings in a concise and compelling way to large groups and senior stakeholders
- Interpret web analytics data to help discover the ‘who’ and the ‘what’ so that we can establish the ‘why’ and the ‘how’.
Skills & Qualifications
The skills required for this role consist of the following:
- Balance the needs of users with those of the business while considering technical constraints
- Think people first so that solutions work across appropriate environments and device-types
- Highly skilled in interaction design; rapidly putting user needs, stakeholder requirements and usability best practice into a justifiable design (sketch, wireframe or prototype) and communicating this to non UX teams and eliciting feedback from end-users
- The ability to understand complex scenarios and translate into conceptual designs and user journeys via clickable prototypes to test and iterate with users
- Support, influence and convince Product Managers to consider the needs of their users and customers above their own ideas and opinions
- Experience in, and advocate of, working in a Product delivery environment using agile methodologies.
- Multi-platform experience across all devices
- Significant experience with wire-framing/prototyping tools e.g. Axure, Figma, InVision, Sketch
- Experience in remote usability testing methods and tools
- HTML/CSS skills a huge bonus as is A/B and MVT experimentation experience
- In-depth knowledge of digital disciplines (including audience identification and analysis, targeting, experience design, digital production and online analytics).
Why should you apply?
BMJ is a global healthcare knowledge provider with a vision for a healthier world. We share knowledge and expertise to improve healthcare outcomes.
You may know us as the publisher of one of the world’s most cited general medical journals, The BMJ. We also publish over 70 specialty journals, many of which are the most influential titles in their field.
We also offer digital professional development courses and clinical decision support tools to help medical institutions and clinicians tackle today’s most critical healthcare challenges.
Evidence underpins everything we do – it’s what makes us one of the world’s most trusted knowledge providers. And the figures speak for themselves. More than 50 million users from over 150 countries access our websites every year.
BMJ is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the British Medical Association (BMA), with nearly 500 employees worldwide. Our head office is located within the Grade II listed BMA House in Euston, London, with more offices in China, India, North America, and Wales.
As a values-driven company, we have pride in our people and take equal opportunities very seriously. We welcome individuality and all qualified applications from a diverse range of candidates.
Those who come to work with us are assured of a rewarding career in an increasingly global company. In return, we offer a great place to work with a wide range of benefits, including:
- Twenty-five days holiday entitlement plus bank holidays, a BMA Day the opportunity to gain more holiday entitlement through long service employment
- Additional days’ leave for moving house, volunteering or getting married
- Onsite gym, fitness classes and subsidised canteen and cafeteria
- Double matching employer pension contribution, up to 12%
- Multiple discounts [from major stores] through MyReward employee benefits platform.
- Season ticket loan, gym membership and cycle to work scheme
- Seven x salary life assurance cover
- Regular social events, diversity and inclusion groups, and charity fundraising initiatives to get involved in