Chatbooks invented the world’s first subscription-based photo book service, which makes creating photo books automatic. By focusing on four core values—beyond easy, super affordable, great quality, and amazing service—Chatbooks has become a beloved brand of millennial moms. We’ve raised more than $20MM to date. What that means for you: we’re growing quickly and opportunities abound!
Here’s a little video about how Chatbooks started: https://youtu.be/5SW8_8CEvQo
Learn more in Chatbooks’ viral “Real Mom” video—100 million views and counting! http://bit.ly/2m9UYQr
About the Team
We have a high-performing ALL-STAR culture and team and are headquartered in Lehi, UT. We offer a competitive compensation package including salary, bonus, equity program, health benefits, untracked PTO, and lots of flexibility.
The “Big Why” driving the company’s mission is to help strengthen families so Chatbooks co-founders Nate and Vanessa Quigley have deliberately created a company culture that’s supportive of employees’ whole lives. Their goal is that everyone on the team can put this mission into practice in their own lives, whether that’s flexibility to go to a child’s dance recital, hit up the gym during lunch, or go off-grid for a week to recharge.
Chatbooks strives to be an employer-of-choice for women and parents by offering flexible working options and strongly supporting women in leadership roles. Women currently make up 60% of the company’s leadership positions.
At Chatbooks, we have put incredible focus into building a team of high-performing “All-Stars.” All-Stars have 5 characteristics: Grown-Up (you manage yourself and your time & handle disagreements without drama), Ship (you get things out the door efficiently, and manage shifting priorities), Amazing (your work is simply AMAZING!), Optimistic (you share solutions instead of problems), and Kind (you’re consistently kind to teammates and partners). If this sounds like you, we’d love to talk!
We are looking for a UX designer with a strong customer focus to assist in user research, interviews, and surveys, then translate the findings into user flows, customer journey maps, mockups, and prototypes. The UX designer will also design the overall functionality of the product, and continuously iterate to ensure the best user experience. The goal: create a product that customers love using again and again.
- Be part of research, brainstorm activities, sketching, testing
- Create wireframes and high fidelity screens for the website and mobile apps
- Set up prototypes that are geared for user testing
- Follow a human-centered design approach in rapidly testing and iterating
- Iterate based on learnings from tests with users
- Improve the user experience related to core functionality and new features
- Work with development to implement designs
- Think about design at all layers, from product (system) design, to interaction, to beautiful pixels
- 1+ years of relevant work experience designing direct to consumer products
- A BA/BS in Product Design, Graphic Design, other UX related fields, or equivalent experience
- A proven track-record of designing products that customers love
- A focus and commitment to empathizing with customers and helping solve their problems
- Huge technology fan with an innovative mindset
- Quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong communication & organizational skills
- Expert understanding of UX design principles: usability, interface design, iconography, etc.
- Understanding of industry trends and relevant UX discipline topics
- A mastery of UX software such as Figma,Sketch, InVision, Framer.js etc.
Benefits & Perks You’ll Enjoy
- 100% Coverage of medical, dental, and vision, group life and long-term disability insurance
- Generous paid Parental Leave
- Paid Holidays & Unlimited PTO with a recommendation to take 1 week off every quarter
- Two week Winter Break
- Stock option grants
- 401k/Retirement Plan
- Office Located in the heart of Silicon Slopes with the option to work 100% remotely
- Company sponsored WFH Setup
We welcome all applicants. No matter your background Chatbooks is excited about the possibility to work with you. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, gender, gender identity, disability, parental or pregnancy status, marital status, or protected veteran status.