Roger was founded to make day-to-day financial operations like bill pay, expense management, compliance and bookkeeping as worry-free as possible for business owners, finance teams, accountants and bookkeepers. Roger works as an automated layer on top of a company's accounting software, saving businesses and accountants hours of work every day. We're proud of the product that we've built so far, and our global customer base agree that we're making something complex and tedious simple and maybe even fun.
As we are rapidly scaling, our demand for good quality end-user products is equally increasing with our scaling.
We are looking for an experienced user-experience (UX) designer, able to understand our business requirements and any technical limitations, as well as be responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys (together with our Customer Experience Managers), and translating them into sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mockups and prototypes. The UX designer will also be expected to design the look and feel of the product, and in order to ensure a great user experience, iterate upon it in accordance with user-testing.
The position is not limited to a geographical location, as it can be either remote or in Copenhagen on our office, although the team you will be working with will have office hours during the day in the CET time zone.
You will join our expanding engineering team, in order give our customers a world class product experience.
The Engineering team consisting of a mix of highly skilled Frontend, Backend, DevOps, Quality Assurance and Product team members.
You'll work closely with our Product Program Managers, Customer Experience Managers and developers, and have direct reporting to the Head of Engineering.
The Roger team is characterized by a high degree of support internally. We help each other out and pitch in when problems arise as well as give each other feedback to grow. Our top priority is to build the world's best financial automation platforms, while keeping our users safe and compliant.
Day-to-day assignments / Responsibilities
- Research, conceive, sketch, and prototype
- Design, deliver and communicate wireframes, prototypes, graphic interface elements, like menus, tabs, and widgets and final page layouts for our development team to follow
- Design user flows
- Illustrate design ideas with storyboards, process flows, and sitemaps
- Create a style guide
- Follow a user-centric design approach and rapid test and iteration, perform A/B test, conduct usability test and gather feedback to improve pages
- Evaluate our current application and recommending improvements
Experience & skills
- Three or more years of UX design experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments.
- Ability to work with internal stateholders to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet the needs and vision.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of responsive design.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design, planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and stakeholders.
- A clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design and design thinking.
- Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
Roger.ai is a global company with offices in Copenhagen and Austin. Our values are heavily influenced by our Scandinavian roots, and count humility, humor and inclusiveness.
We strive to create a culture where anyone feels part of the family, and we place a great amount of value in hiring for attitude rather than resumes. We support flexibility in everyone's lives, and working at Roger can be easily combined with babies, toddlers and teenagers.
We have two primary office locations but have a remote culture that we put a lot of effort into as we believe great talent can be found anywhere. Whether you are a remote worker or come to the office every day, you can be sure to feel like you are an equal part of the team.