Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then we've changed the banking industry forever. And now we're creating the world's smoothest shopping experience. We serve over 90 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 200,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world's leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by 3500+ employees from 90 nationalities.
We are currently looking for UX Researchers in Columbus to deliver crucial insights that help establish Klarna as the United States' #1 way to shop. You’ll join our team on the ground floor of our US expansion effort, providing strategic insight to our Product, Design, and Marketing teams as we build apps & develop services for the US market.
As a UX Researcher, you will deliver insights to drive product development and design based on customer feedback. You’ll develop the research roadmap for your domain in partnership with product and design leaders. You’ll also have the opportunity to grow into a leadership position if you so choose, with the opportunity to manage a team developing in time.
- Deliver critical insight to drive user-centered design and product development within your domain
- Design and implement a research program for your domain, leveraging a diverse range of methods and data types to answer research questions
- Synthesize existing research and data to identify user needs and product refinements
- Craft findings deliverables to share insights, provide recommendations, and convey the user’s perspective to product teams
- Be a strategic partner to key decision makers in your domain, helping to shape their vision for product development
- Own fast-paced projects in a volatile consumer market space, paying close attention to research quality
- Partner with other UX Researchers across Klarna to develop research infrastructure
- Passionate about understanding your customers and bringing their voices into Klarna’s design and development process
- Proactive and self-motivated, with strong organizational, interpersonal, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills
- A degree in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology, Anthropology, Data Science or a related field, or have equivalent practical experience
- At least 5 years of work experience in an applied research setting
- Strong working knowledge of user research methods, including when and how to apply different methods in various scenarios
- Strong interest in consumer-facing products, finance, e-commerce, or related fields
Please submit a CV and portfolio in English. We recommend you submit your application as soon as possible as selection and interviews are held continually.
Note: A portfolio is an essential element of the application for a UX Research role at Klarna. Applicants who do not supply a link or PDF with samples of their work can unfortunately not be considered.