Senior UX Designer
Our mission is to make returns beautiful for shoppers, retailers, and the planet—which we do through our unique combination of proprietary software and reverse logistics. We invented 3rd-party box-free in-person returns, which have since been embraced and popularized by Amazon, and we provide the only end-to-end returns solution for direct-to-consumer and omnichannel retailers that is not only delightful for customers (lifetime Net Promoter Score of 94) but also saves money for retailers and is better for the planet.
We are solving the #1 pain point in e-commerce and having a lot of fun doing it. Join our dedicated, fast-growing team and help us transform the landscape of online shopping.
As the senior UX designer, you will lead the design of products used by shoppers of top online retailers, store professionals from national and independent retailers, and our own Happy Returns staff for creating, accepting, and processing returns. You will work hand-in-hand with our small team of outstanding engineers and product managers as well as other stakeholders in the company as we rapidly scale our business in the $290B market for returns.
NOTE: This position is focused mainly on hands-on design of user interfaces and workflows. While we do conduct a small amount of background research, the vast majority of the work is around creating and enhancing interfaces based on known challenges and user data, rather than conducting new, original research.
The senior UX designer will:
- Report directly to the head of product
- Lead the design of user experiences for all Happy Returns products, including web flows used by customers to initiate returns, apps used by location partners and retailers to accept returns, and proprietary warehouse tools used by our own specialists to process returns
- Collaborate with product managers and engineers to understand the needs of users as well as technical constraints, and quickly create and refine prototypes to meet these needs in a way that is simple, easy, and delightful
- Where appropriate, add visual design for external-facing interfaces in accordance with the Happy Returns style guide
- Perform any other work necessary to ensure Happy Returns’ products provide world-class user experiences as we rapidly scale the business
We are looking for someone with:
- Demonstrated track record creating world class user interfaces for web and/or mobile applications—6 years minimum experience required
- Strong interest to collaborate with product managers and engineers to rapidly iterate and refine designs
- Ability to work quickly in a fast-paced, demanding, and rapidly changing environment
- Willingness to create designs that embrace platform standards, resulting in simple, delightful UIs that are fast to build and easy to maintain
- Solid aesthetic sense and ability to implement standard style guide strongly preferred
- Experience in e-commerce is preferred but not required
- 22 days of paid time off
- Medical, dental and vision insurance (80% paid)
- Paid parental leave
We believe we work more productively and our jobs are more enjoyable when our team includes members with a diversity of backgrounds and life experiences. We take all reasonable steps to seek out candidates with diverse experience and ensure our work environment is welcoming and respectful for everyone on our team.