About Hungry Harvest
Hungry Harvest is the nation's leading brand fighting food waste and hunger by delivering farm to doorstep rescued produce, pantry items and kitchen staples. We believe that no food should go to waste and no person should go hungry. In 6 years, we've rescued over 20 million pounds of produce from going to waste and supported local hunger-solving organizations with over 1.3 million pounds of fresh fruits and vegetables. And we're just getting started. Our family is made up of our team, heroes, farmers, and community; and we’ve got our family’s back.
Recognized by Forbes Magazine, The James Beard Foundation, American Heart Association, Whole30, and featured in Anthony Bourdain's documentary, WASTED! Hungry Harvest is rocking the grocery delivery industry on our mission to eradicate food waste and hunger.
In addition to fighting food waste, we envision a hunger-free Baltimore within the next 10 years. We’re working on a self-sustaining solution to direct affordable produce to food deserts called Produce in a SNAP. We are also leading the charge in preventative health with our fruits and vegetable prescription program, HarvestRx.
Why work for Hungry Harvest?
We’re a passionate, crafty and produce-loving team on a mission to end food waste and hunger in the US. We hold each other accountable, take pride in problem solving, and learn from our mistakes. We value all voices and challenge each other’s perspectives. If you want to join a team that is genuine, driven, passionate, talented, and fun, then look no further.
Hungry Harvest is hiring a UI/UX Lead who will play a critical role in helping build the digital customer experience of our product. We are looking for an energetic, detail-oriented, problem solver who will play an integral role in Hungry Harvest’s continued growth. This role is based out of the Baltimore / DC area with opportunities for remote work. You’ll work on design problems from beginning to end working alongside our business and tech team to conceptualize an idea, design, test and iterate, engaging end users along the way.
You’re ideal for this role if…
- You have a great portfolio that exhibits a variety of interface design work and a strong visual aesthetic
- You love crafting beautiful interfaces and care about the details at every step of the journey from concept to interactive prototype
- You are experienced in user-centered design methods and best practices including research and analytics – cultivating a deep understanding of the needs and aspirations of the people for which our products are designed
- You’re an excellent communicator, able to clearly present your ideas and rationale in conversations with others, and through prototypes, models, and mockups
- You’re a well-organized, passionate, and empathetic team member, seeking to improve what we build and how we do it
- You thrive in a highly collaborative, fast-moving environment who enjoys working closely with smart colleagues, including business, product, and engineering
- Own the digital User Experience for the Hungry Harvest platform in mobile and web
- Facilitate design research and user research
- Facilitate design-thinking into product direction and customer experience
- Own the generation of low-fidelity product prototypes, instilling the importance of iterations of product prototyping through product sprints
- Own the Hungry Harvest digital design language
- Communicate and liaise with developers (internal or external) on design language, UI / UX implications on the product, and how features & workflows should be implemented
- Own the generation of high-fidelity product prototypes by incorporating the design language into the digital experience
- Participate in and aid marketing efforts, including but not limited to utilizing the HH design language
- 5+ years of experience as a UI/UX designer
- Experience designing and evolving the lifecycle of a product from ideation to launch (startup experience appreciated)
- Strong visual aesthetic, experience creating visual systems, and take pride in delivering beautiful, high fidelity, production-ready designs
- Strong conceptual thinking that balances user needs, business goals, and clinical insights
- Experience using web analytics data to inform design decisions
- Experience designing products for e-commerce (bonus points)
This role is based out of the Baltimore / DC area with opportunities for remote work.
Salary range is $75k-$90k.
Hungry Harvest is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive for and thrive on inclusivity and are committed to creating a diverse workplace with a shared mission of reducing food waste and ending hunger.