Lead Product Designer
Posted 2 years ago
Apply for this job
As an industry leader and Software-as-a-Service provider our mission at 8x8, Inc. [NYSE: EGHT] is to transform the future of business communications. The 8x8 Open Communications Platform (TM) uniquely brings together Voice, Video, Collaboration, Contact Center, and enterprise-class API solutions, helping businesses across the globe transform their customer and employee experience, and empowering workforces worldwide to work smarter.
For additional information, visit www.8x8.com, or follow 8x8 on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
We are looking for an exceptional Product Designer to lead design of our Contact Center Agent, Admin, Supervisor, Mobile and Desktop apps. Our Contact Center solutions are a key area for growth and we’re expanding our teams worldwide to support our continued development in technology excellence and user experience.
The ideal candidate will be highly collaborative, strategic and committed to creating user-centered experiences delighting Contact Center Agents, their Supervisors and Administrators - enabling them to provide the best Customer Experience for their customers.
- Engaging with product and engineering teams at a strategic level to frame what we need to build and how to get there
- Collaborating with user researchers to define and conduct user research to truly understand our customers and users’ goals and needs
- Creating end-to-end detailed design deliverables as a series of experience maps, storyboards, wireframes, and interactive prototypes
- Coordinating and integrating the work of fellow designers for a seamless and unified experience across our entire product suite
- Planning and executing usability testing with user researchers to validate design
Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience in UX or interaction design with heavy emphasis on solid human-centered design methods
- Delivered Voice / Omnichannel agent focused UI based on validated needs of agents and the respective contact centers
- Lead a team of designers in an individual contributor role
- An inspiring portfolio showing us how you have researched and crafted great experiences, seeing them through to released products
- Ability to understand and distill complex problems into elegant, informed solutions
- Ability to articulate and champion your design solutions based on human-centered design principles and incorporating research data
- Expert with design tools (e.g. Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD) to produce wireframes and high-fidelity interactive prototypes
- Relentless pursuit of experience perfection working in an iterative and agile development environment
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills to effectively collaborate with multi-functional and multi-disciplined teams
- High level of initiative and a “make it work” ethos to successfully bring a product design from conception to launch with minimal supervision
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Work cross-geographies with team members
- Strong written/verbal communications and presentation skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working with contact center software a bonus but not required
- Experience facilitating design thinking workshops preferred
Working at 8x8
- Industry leading, award winning technology and recognised on two Gartner Magic Quadrants
- Remote working, it’s our own technology…
- Inclusive, supportive and collaborative culture yet with a winning mentality
- Encouragement and environment to make a difference
- Fun – check out our Instagram posts in the UK, Romania and the US, the smiles are real
- Deep passion for doing the best for our customers, giving them the best service and the best technology
For a closer look into what life at 8x8 UK Ltd. is about check out our Instagram page.
8x8 believes diversity makes our company stronger which is why we are a proud equal opportunities employer and encourage all of our staff to bring their authentic selves to work. We believe in fairness which is why we have been a member of the Living Wage Foundation for many years and we believe in security so reserve the right to undertake background checks on anyone that we extend an employment offer to. For European Job Applicants our Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be found here.