In the last nine years, Prodigy Education has grown from 3,000 local users to more than 100 million registered users worldwide. As one of the fastest-growing ed-tech startups in North America with global impact, Prodigy connects students, parents, teachers, and school districts with resources that promote a lifelong love of learning. Anyone with an internet connection is welcome to create a free account for its renowned Math Game and try an effective and engaging math platform for grades 1 to 8. For more information visit www.prodigygame.com, or @ProdigyGame on Twitter.
At Prodigy Education, we have an incredible team that works tirelessly to turn our goal of making education a human right into a reality. We are immensely grateful for our amazing team and all they do every day. We welcome people who share our passion to join our team, where you will have the opportunity to help an entire generation of students to LOVE learning.
Our passion is our mission - to help every student in the world love learning!
Please note: During the Covid-19 pandemic, in order to keep all our candidates safe, Prodigy is hiring and on-boarding 100% remotely for the time being.
- We’re looking to hire a UX Researcher to help in the development of our new, and rapidly evolving online tutoring platform. This is a chance to make an impact in a totally new space.
- The successful candidate has experience in defining problems, selecting the appropriate research methods, synthesizing insights, evaluating prototypes and assisting with the building and releasing of projects.
- Help plan research so we can better understand our users and reveal new opportunities.
- Guide research activities to define current customer pain points and map ideal future experiences.
- Moderate workshops, in-person interviews, and remote sessions.
- Facilitate research through collection, analysis and producing insights to lead the team towards user outcomes.
- Prepare recommendations and deliver presentations to influence and guide key stakeholders to better understand
Who You Are:
- 1-3 years of UX research experience
- Passion for learning about people, their motivations, and their behaviours
- Experience in conducting qualitative research with various research methodologies
- Familiar with quantitative research methods, comfortable with metrics and A/B tests, able to synthesize quantitative data with qualitative user research
- Technically proficient with design research methods, techniques, and tools
Bonus Points For:
- Experience conducting research with children
- Experience conducting remote research
- Experience in education and/or gaming industriesExperience with customer service
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to build a career of value and witness first hand the impact Prodigy has as the most engaging math platform in the world!
- A culture of transparency, where team members are involved in important conversations
- No micromanaging here! We believe in our employees skills and abilities, we encourage you to bring new innovative ideas to your team
- Full health benefits from day one (1) for you and your family, fully covered! Nothing is ever taken off your pay cheque
- We are a profitable company, with eligibility to participate in stock options for all employees
- Late or early riser? We understand! We offer flexible working hours that allow you to schedule your 8 hour day with a bit more flexibility. We do have core office hours, to ensure team members can be present for important meetings and department needs. Our core office hours are 10:30am - 3:00pm
- Virtual trivia
- Zoom meditation, stretching, and fitness sessions
- Daily remote challenges via Slack
- Virtual “Prodigy Prepares” cooking series featuring our very own employees!
- Remote work employee budget for things like home office equipment etc.
- Feel like a different work environment? Work from home 1x a week!
- Team building events that not only include you as a Prodigy employee, but your significant other and children as well
- Company pizza lunch every second week for ‘All Hands’, where we discuss important Prodigy milestones
- Do you need some fun to help break up your day? We have that covered! Join in some Ping Pong games, Smash Bros competitions or board games!
While we operate 100% remotely for the time being, our company culture and values remain at the core of everything we do. We are offering a number of remote-friendly activities such as:
When this pandemic comes to an end and it is safe to be back in the office. Here's a glimpse into what you can expect:
Come as you are. We believe the power of our collective potential will transform education. We are building towards a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace to empower and create access and opportunity for all. We welcome applications from people from all underrepresented groups, including (but not limited to) people of any gender, age, or religion, members of the LGBTQIA2+ community, BIPOC and other underrepresented races and nationalities, people with disabilities, veterans, and anyone who may contribute to the further diversification of Prodigy Education.
If you feel like you don’t have all the qualifications for this position, and are willing to use your initiative to learn the rest, we’d still love for you to apply!
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Prodigy Game will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.