Principal UX Designer
Love solving sticky problems? Excited about crafting innovative solutions for global software? Interested in working on products that touch everyone’s lives? We’re a close-knit and multidisciplinary UX team working to make cloud software that is at the forefront of the insurance industry. We’re committed to building an inclusive workspace that embraces people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, skills, and talents.
Our team tackles a variety of domains within Property and Casualty insurance, from building and managing continuous integrations for various cloud products to claims to big data and analytics. We consider design a team sport where, together with our colleagues, we strategically solve for business realities and execute on innovative and scalable solutions for both enterprise and customer facing applications.
We want to see your awesomeness, so please be sure to share your portfolio with us.
- Design solution experiences that address the cloud platform ecosystem holistically and the development experience for deploying, contributing, and operating Guidewire’s products in the cloud.
- Connect the dots across IT practices, insurance domain knowledge, market data and contribute to transformative work with a design thinking and skillset
- Bring a deep knowledge of systems and design thinking, design-led approaches to creating software, with a commitment to learn and improve
- Be a player/coach, both leading and designing solutions for complex domains and workflows
- Communicate insights and concepts to key shareholders in exciting and relevant ways that evoke emotions and memorable experiences, and drive dedication to move forward.
- Be an advocate for the contribution design mindset and skillsets can make to crafting valuable solutions.
- Role is based in Krakow, with flexibility included to enable global collaboration
What you need to be successful:
- Strong past experience in design and UX research in cloud products and complex business processes
- Experience leading strategic initiatives and mentoring designers
- Proven track record of:
- - Building bridges between different functions (e.g. product teams, engineering, technical writers, services, etc.)
- - Growing their understanding of the design and orchestrating design process across the business
- - Working cross-functionally to define and prioritize problems
- - Running design thinking workshops
- Proven experience in planning, executing and synthesizing research, both qualitative and quantitative
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Design portfolio that demonstrates human-centered design process and business success.
- Experience with designing for finance, continuous integration products, or Property and Casualty insurance a plus
UX @ Guidewire
- Collaboration: We build on each other’s ideas and draw on interdisciplinary approaches to craft impactful experiences.
- Integrity: We stand behind our words and commitments as part of a global community, respecting and recognizing our interdependence.
- Curiosity: We are lifelong learners, with a growth mindset, who are passionate about advancing our field through entertaining new ideas and unique perspectives.
- Humility: We tap into our expertise while respecting other viewpoints and challenging our own assumptions.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. 380 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 700+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
CONSENT and ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
By clicking the submitting your application on the following page:
1. You consent to Guidewire collecting, retaining, disclosing and using your Personal Data as outlined above, and to its transfer of your Personal Data outside the country where you live or work, and/or to third parties for the above purposes.
2. In the event that you submit any Sensitive Personal Data, you explicitly consent to Guidewire collecting, retaining, disclosing and transferring your Sensitive Personal Data on the terms and for the same purposes as described above in relation to Personal Data.
3. You acknowledge that you have the right to access your Personal Data and Sensitive Personal Data at any time and have the right to correct any errors.
4. You acknowledge that your Personal Data will be retained for up to 24 months.