The Zebra is expanding our UX Research Team and we’re seeking a mixed methods UX Researcher that can deliver tactical and strategic insights about users to stakeholders using a variety of methods. Our ideal candidate embraces the idea of scrappy, creative research, dreams about how to learn from people and communicate those findings, and believes that both qualitative and quantitative research are an important key to building something great.
Please note - all new hires must be able to relocate to Austin, Texas by the time of their start date.
This position is not currently eligible for visa sponsorship
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Work closely with a team of researchers and an Operations Manager, as well as a cross-functional team of product managers, engineers, and designers throughout the product development process.
- You’ll be responsible for designing and executing practical and impactful research, from foundational to evaluative and everywhere in between.
- You’ll use a variety of methods in your research approach, including usability, interviews, focus groups, surveys, log analysis, or a new method you invent.
- You’ll share your findings with stakeholders and leaders regularly, and strive to create a smarter, more informed and more empathic culture among The Zebra’s product teams.
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- 2+ years industry experience in a product design organization
- Possesses a passion for building world-class mobile and web apps that focus on meeting user needs
- Experience managing research projects with cross-functional teams
- Experience driving a roadmap of research to meet the needs of your stakeholder
- Experience educating stakeholders who are new to UX Research and how to best use research in their work.
- Exceptional, detailed research skills, especially with mixed methods approaches
- BA minimum in HCI, Psychology, Sociology, Design Research, or related fields
- Experience with qualitative and/or quantitative data collection and analysis
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
- Nimble with tools and resources, thinks quickly and has adopted a philosophy of “just good enough” research for fast-moving teams
- Ability to ask the right questions and encourage stakeholders to ask the right questions throughout the product development process
EXPERIENCE THAT WILL IMPRESS THE HECK OUT OF US:
- Exceptional presentation skills
- Ability to educate teams about UX research
- Data analysis experience, including SQL and tools like R and Matlab
- Experience conducting research in insurance or financial services
- Advanced degree in HCI, Sociology, Psychology, Information Science, Computer Science, Statistics, or related field
BENEFITS + PERKS:
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- 401k with match
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Pet Adoption Reimbursement ($300/year)
- Learning & Development Stipends
- Bi-Monthly Wednesday Catered Lunch
- Zeal Care - Monthly wellness subscriptions ($35/month)
- Curated monthly snack box - sent to your house
- Opportunity to join Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or drive our diversity & inclusion stance by creating your own
- Join a team that truly lives their values, and values their lives (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
ABOUT THE ZEBRA
The Zebra is the nation's leading, independent insurance comparison site. With its dynamic, real-time quote comparison tool, consumers can identify insurance companies with the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs. The Zebra compares multiple insurance companies and provides agent support and educational resources to ensure consumers are equipped to make the most informed decisions about their home and auto insurance. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has sought to bring transparency and simplicity to insurance shopping since 2012 — it's "insurance in black and white."
The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., The New York Times, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Local and national publications have named The Zebra as a Best Place to Work, including Austin Business Journal in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2020, The Austin American-Statesman in 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2020 and Inc. Magazine on their nationally-recognized list from 2018-2020.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**