Senior Product Designer
The web was created by scientists, to foster scientific collaboration and drive progress for a better world. Here at ResearchGate, we’re looking for a committed designer to join our team of passionate optimists and help us take the web back to its original mission.
We’re a team of passionate optimists from around the world and from many different backgrounds. Together, we focus on changing the way scientists communicate for the better.
We love what we do. We connect the world of science and make research open to all.
• Design that matters. At ResearchGate your input can help over 19 million scientists and researchers solve global challenges. Whether studying the first moments of our universe, developing innovative cancer treatments or tackling global warming, our users are making a real difference.
• Design at scale. We developed a cutting edge design system 5 years ago, which we are now evolving to enable the best possible product experience.
• Data-driven design. Data is integral to everything we do at ResearchGate. From our outset, we have depended on tests and experiments to guide us. We don’t need to argue about the best solution, we can validate with real users.
• Cross-functional collaboration. As a designer at ResearchGate, you'll work primarily in a cross-functional team of product managers, engineers and product analysts. You will be the advocate of the user and design in your team, and your thinking, processes, and execution will be key to the success of new ideas.
To be successful in the role of a Senior Product Designer at ResearchGate folks will need to have:
• 4+ years of experience designing user-centered products, applications or services
• Deep knowledge of user-centered design processes and facilitating collaborative design methods
• Deep knowledge of web and mobile design trends and conventions
• Strong visual design skills and attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication in English
• Experience working with agile methodologies and processes
• Experience using data to inform their design process
Your product team is a cross-functional team of product managers, engineers and product analysts who share a strong belief in the positive impact that ResearchGate’s 19 million users can have worldwide. In order to help our users connect with the people, research, and resources they need to advance their work, we strive to perfect the craft of collaborative, user-centric problem-solving.
Your design team brings together designers working on product, brand and marketing. We support each other in the craft and get together frequently to get the creative juices flowing.
• We work hard to create an environment of respect and mutual support that goes through everything from our focus on your development through to how we give feedback to each other.
• We understand that the capacity to innovate comes from our understanding of design thinking as a means to solve problems. Together, we’re constantly improving by refining our methods and processes.
• We believe in optimism and pragmatism. At ResearchGate, we share a hopeful, positive outlook on the future and the world around us. This attitude gives us the resilience to support each other in tackling some of the biggest problems in science.
• We see UX as a continuous process that is about learning from our users and each other. We believe true innovation is not achieved by individual designers or individual ideas but created by diverse teams and specialists from different fields working side by side.